Bed and Breakfast places in Manhatten?

jassian

Hopeful Maker of Art out of Daydream Dust
Oct 15, 2008
Germany
Hi to anyone who knows their way around New York,

I may be able to spend about two weeks in manhatten over new year,
I will know for sure on thursday, and am looking for an affordable & reputable bed and breakfast.

Any recommendations?

Thankies!:D

I don't claim to know my way around New York, but since no one else has spoken up, I'll guess that any B&Bs in Manhattan will be quite expensive. I hear it's hard to find a reasonably priced hotel. You should get a guidebook or research it online before you go, so that you know what you're getting into. Good luck.

Thanks, Snish.
I'll certainly research :) Some are not too horribly priced.

I found a couple of good pages online, but if someone had any good experiences with any particular place, that would be nice to hear. :)

Doesn't have to be too extremely central either just within reasonable travel distance.

Have a great time in America!

One thing that relate to German:

If you know three languages, you're trilingual. If you know two languages, you're bilingual. If you know one language, you're an American! :b

*G* yeah i's almost a disadvantage to start with english I guess.

Anyway the workshop's been cancelled, so no NY for me this (US)winter.
Which is fine, I can save up for next time :)

jassian said:
*G* yeah it's almost a disadvantage to start with English I guess.

Anyway the workshop's been canceled, so no NY for me this (US)winter.
Which is fine, I can save up for next time :)

I think the other problem is that in America, there is no need to learn foreign languages. The Canadians, except for a few counties very far north who speak French, and the Mexicans are expected to learn English, so there is no reason to for people to learn foreign languages. In Europe, one can't go 200 miles in any one direction with either hitting water or another country. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration about the distance, but I think I made my point nonetheless.

Yep, that's what I meant. You just lack the incentive, while pretty much every non-English speaker is bound to at least pick up English at some point. :)