Thoughts about the Trailers......

Spartan83

Project QL Assistant
Nov 16, 2021
What does everybody think about the 2 trailers recently released?

It looks as though Raymond Lee is having fun in the role from the brief clips and the producers are exercising good ideas for Dr Seongs Leaps i.e a Rockstar and an airborne soldier literally taking a "leap" out of a plane. ��

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving them! I'm imagining that there will be actual Leaps like these (80s rockstar; Desert Storm), but these feel/look like they were made/filmed specifically for promotion. Which I actually love, because that means they can tease Leaps but without showing any footage from episodes so there aren't any spoilers. Nowadays, Hollywood puts all the best stuff in trailers and by the time you see the movie/show, you feel like you've already seen all the best bits.

Refreshing to see them using the "less is more" marketing of the show only showing 10-15 sec snippets. I'm pleased the color of the sets look vibrant and bright and not the dark gritty production values we are accustomed to nowadays.

Early signs are positive �� but I'm pretty sure they seem to be itching to replace the famous "oh boy" phrase to a now cussing "oh sh1t" line which would be a shame.

Last edited:
Well, as unfortunate as "oh shyt" might be thank goodness this is not a show designed for UK television. That exclamation would probably be worse! Think Ted Lasso... as great as I think that program is they sure over use the "f" bomb. Just my $0.02 worth.

It would be a shame but not necessarily a bad thing.

The "Oh Boy" line was used to paint QL as a family friendly wholesome show and Sam Beckett as a kid from out west with strong moral values and against cussing.

However, it's only right they modernise it, my thoughts are the reboot QL will be to attract a newer younger audience aswell as retain the older fanbase, an upgrade to say "oh sh1t" wouldn't be that big a deal or offensive.

I am impressed that these commercials are very reminiscent of early ones for the original show. Not scenes from actual episodes almost breaking the fourth wall to illustrate the basic premise of becoming a person in the past. For new viewers who would have no idea what this is.

Most of all to us fan it still feels instantly recognizable. As much as they plan to spend more time in the Project, the Leaper is still what the show revolves around.

Do we think that the studded-earring image of Ben behind what appears to be a crowd at a concert in the teaser montage and the rock-chick teaser are the same episode?
S/he's not wearing his/her headband in the clip, but they aren't wearing the studs in the leaping bit. But they look to be the same concert.

Some of us thought that the Rock Star and Desert Storm leaps were just throwaway promos but now it seems like they are actual episodes he's going to be in and which have likely been filmed already.

Some of us thought that the Rock Star and Desert Storm leaps were just throwaway promos but now it seems like they are actual episodes he's going to be in and which have likely been filmed already.

Thing is Sam already did the rockstar leap in Glitter Rock and the soldier leap in Vietnam with magic and his brother, I don't know how much more they can tell a story of a Leaper like Ben leaping into those people but obviously a different setting i.e Desert storm etc.

It will be interesting to find out seeing it's within his own lifetime in the 80/90/00s whereas imho those times were not as pop culture e citing as Sams period of 50/60/70/80s.

Just a personal view.

While The Leap Home Part 2 was set in Vietnam and had the war as the background, the story and emotional signatures were focused on Tom and Maggie and, it turned out, Al.

The Iraq War was a different war and I expect it to be a very different episode as the focus is not on Dr. Seong saving a brother. I don't know if Addison will have served in Desert Storm nor do I know if they will explore the Magic storyline.

They're doing another boxing episode too. But we had two baseball episodes. I'm not worried yet.

Funnily enough, my biggest concern right now is Addison wearing nondescript street clothes, so she just sorta blends in, and the handlink design which now looks like a disc from Tron. I always thought of Al's style as just his personal preference as a "cool cat" who's "seen everything". It's so obvious now that one of the reasons for his outrageous clothes was so that he always stood out from the background and you immediately knew he "didn't fit in".