1008 The Leap for Truth

The Leap for Truth

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
The Leap for Truth
September 2, 1987

Caldwell, Idaho

Sam's leap goes from bizarre to frightening when he tries to uncover the motives behind the actions of a renegade Deputy Sheriff and clear the Visitor's name of murder.

Written by: A. J. Burfield

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.75

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
Didn't know this was inspired by a true story. AJ, was that something which happened to you or someone you know from your days as a PO? This obviously shows that fiction is NOT always "bigger than life" - this story would have made a perfect TV ep indeed!

To cut it short: I loved it.

Hurrah for AJ!

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate THE LEAP FOR TRUTH a 7 (This was a pretty good story. It was worth reading.)

RATING: 7.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
I was very impressed with this episode. Although it's sad that this was based on a true story, I can picture this as an actual episode of the televised series, which is the whole idea behind TVS in the first place. ;)

Well done, AJ!

RATING: 8.75

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Since the first time I read a story written by A. J. Burfield, I've come to expect a certain standard and quality of writing in her work. And "Leap For The Truth" carries on those standards and quality. The characters were dead spot on, the description was sharp, the story line was great, and the tension and emotions - I could feel them. Excellent work, AJ.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
Awesome. I liked the writing... and the storyline! Morris is right... it would have aired!

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I can't help it and I usually don't do this however...

with this story being one of those that is based on reality...

Wow!

AJ told me that when she wrote this that there were some embellishments that she added to the story, but for the most part the main story of it (the shooting) had actually happened and divided the department.

It's sad when something like this happens...

This is one of those stories that seems totally "soap-opera-ish" but so true to life.

So, yes, I gave it a 5!

MJ

"The Leap For The Truth" isn't one of my personal favorites, but definitely a great episode! I loved it. And I must say that I agree with you about the brotherhood of the badge.:)
Grade: 98%
Rating: 4
~Steve(aka RossBeckett)

P.S. Just think if Quantum Leap was not cancelled and still on the air today! The famous scifi drama would be in its 16th season! Sure it would have been possible considering Law and Order is in its 15th(I think).
rossbeckett2002@yahoo.com