Donna

B

Beckett Goddess

Trading Places
Told from Donna's perspective
?He?s leaped again this time to 1956?
It was hard to imagine someone close to you leaping around through time. Knowing that he was here but in the form of someone else. Someone he had traded places with. Al always kept me informed on what was happening where he was and that he was well. I remember the moment when he came home for just one night when this time he had traded places with Al. This time he knew who I was, he knew I existed. I am so proud of what he is doing but I long to have him home. Maybe I am being selfish. If I could see him, the real him not the person he had traded with for one last time. Just in case he never comes home I will be happy. I lie awake thinking would it be possible to go back in time and see him? See him putting people?s lives right. Would it hurt me to much to see him in the arms of another woman? Could I accept that he was doing it for the good of mankind? Could I be strong enough not to reveal who I really was even though he would forget about me when he next leaped? I knew what I had to do. I wanted to see him but not get in the way of his leaping. Al had only just revealed to me where Sam had leaped to.
This time I wanted to take over Al?s job it was possible Gooshie had taken over before so why couldn?t I? Al told me it would be possible but could I stand the emotional consequences? I knew that once I stepped back out of the imaging chamber I would never be able to go back and Al would once again regain his job.

Going into the Imaging chamber my heart was pounding what situation would I find him in could I handle it? But then I had to really think I was going to be a hologram I couldn?t touch him or kiss him, just see him. In a flash here I was. Sam was in front of me but as the person he jumped into. He was pacing around a strangly decorated room.
?Al thank god you?re here?
He turned around and just stood. This wasn?t my husband in appearance it was just a scruffy looking man with jet black hair and a long beard. Deep down I knew I had to put this to the back of my mind. I had to look deeper to see Sam.
?Hi, where?s Al is he ok??
?Al?s fine? I replied.
?You look vaguely familiar to me?
Should I leave now? would he remember me? I had to think fast.
?I am working on the project my name is Tina?
Why did I say that? He looked at me I could tell by his face he was trying to work out who I was. Before he could ask anymore questions the door flew open and in came an attractive blonde woman. This was it the moment I had been dreading actually seeing him with another woman. Al had always mentioned things to me especially that he had a daughter.That was probably one of the most difficult things I had to handle.

The woman threw her arms around him. My heart melted I wished I could do the same even though the man I loved was under a mask. The woman disappeard into the bathroom leaving me alone with him again. He looked at me again with a puzzled expression.
?Its come to me I know who you are?

By Beckett Goddess