Time to Give Evil Leapers an Origin and Timeline.

Spartan83

Project QL Assistant
Nov 16, 2021
With news of the up and coming reboot this would be an ideal opportunity to give them an origin. 30 years after the events of Sam Beckett leaping by himself and supposedly fumbling around in time in the modern world a new team of engineers and researchers are looking for clues and answers. It would make sense that an unscrupulous member of the team or enemy of PQL to steal the tech and initiate the Evil Leaper project set 20 years after the original 1999, so 2020.

This would finally explain their origins and give their backstory some validity I think.

According to the original script of Deliver Us From Evil, they are from the year 2020.

If you read between the lines, they also imply that a time traveller from 2020 is spreading around a virus... Eep...

According to the original script of Deliver Us From Evil, they are from the year 2020.

If you read between the lines, they also imply that a time traveller from 2020 is spreading around a virus... Eep...

:hair No kidding? That's incredible. I don't quite remember the implication of spreading a virus around, though? Unless it is a proverbial virus of misery and chaos or something.

With that information, it would be reasonable to presume that the government-funded PQL was either long since shut down, or the funds were appropriated to a new team of scientists or project using PQL as the blueprint and piggybacking off of Sam's concepts, kind of not unlike Nikola Tesla's work becoming confiscated by the government.

I used to find it far fetched that a team of scientists would use time travel technology just to create chaos in the world, but not so much anymore. If a team of evil psychopaths really wanted to make the world as they see fit, what better way than to make changes in the past covertly? It could simply be that with the development of Lothos, "he" only worked with the most evil people who would have no problem carrying out "his" agendas. Alia of course happened to more or less be enslaved into this project and perhaps owed some kind of debt.

Where is this script? Where does it say that?

In between what lines? I just watched the second and third parts last night on SYFY and did not catch any such implication.

I used to find it far fetched that a team of scientists would use time travel technology just to create chaos in the world, but not so much anymore. If a team of evil psychopaths really wanted to make the world as they see fit, what better way than to make changes in the past covertly? It could simply be that with the development of Lothos, "he" only worked with the most evil people who would have no problem carrying out "his" agendas. Alia of course happened to more or less be enslaved into this project and perhaps owed some kind of debt.

It never occurred to me to find the Evil Leapers far-fetched in that manner, probably because I am into Pokemon and in Pokemon, an evil team trying to reshape the world to favor their greed is just another Tuesday.

I would actually love an entire spin-off dedicated to the backstory of the evil leapers. If I had to I would probably even favor it over the revival we're getting.

I would actually love an entire spin-off dedicated to the backstory of the evil leapers. If I had to I would probably even favor it over the revival we're getting.

Quite frankly, I agree and do not like or trust NBC. I had always wished the revival would be on SyFy. Among other reasons, at the very least NBC has a horrific track record of treating sci-fi series.

evil leaper

I have a theory that some time between original 90's project QL and now early 2020's QL there was a hidden relaunch of the project... one with sinister motives (but not just evil for evils sake)

A PQL that wanted to shape the future, one that wanted control. It couldn't use Ziggy as is because ziggy would not do it. So they copied ziggy made Lothas and tried to create a future they wanted BUT sam stopped them 3 times (twice we saw on screen and once after last episode)

Al knew about the fact that this 'evil' PQL would be set up sometime and was always watching to try to stop it... a quest his daughter has continued.

One that maybe you need to have a leaper to fight.

It was said the original Evil PQL was set approx 20 years ahead of the original program, so that would put it 1999 -2020+.

It's right about now in this new series that we have a relocated project in L.A with some items "missing" from the original project i.e Al took Ziggys Hand link and who knows what else. It's conceivable that those things or items could have been stolen or been worked on from another sinister individual or organisation.

I'm hoping to see elements of that origin in season 1 or 2 if it gets renewed.

It was said the original Evil PQL was set approx 20 years ahead of the original program, so that would put it 1999 -2020+.

It's right about now in this new series that we have a relocated project in L.A with some items "missing" from the original project i.e Al took Ziggys Hand link and who knows what else. It's conceivable that those things or items could have been stolen or been worked on from another sinister individual or organisation.

I'm hoping to see elements of that origin in season 1 or 2 if it gets renewed.
Wouldn't die of shock to see Al's daughter be the inadvertent origin of the evil leapers. Many times in history, bad things result from good intentions.

Wouldn't die of shock to see Al's daughter be the inadvertent origin of the evil leapers. Many times in history, bad things result from good intentions.

That would be the paradox of all paradoxes. Imagine, in the pursuit of doing whatever it takes to find and bring back Sam (with Als wishes) she inadvertently sets in motion an evil organisation that battles Sam in the past and jeopardises his existance instead :roflmao::roflmao:

That would be the paradox of all paradoxes. Imagine, in the pursuit of doing whatever it takes to find and bring back Sam (with Als wishes) she inadvertently sets in motion an evil organisation that battles Sam in the past and jeopardises his existance instead :roflmao::roflmao:
That would at the very least be, creative and imaginative TV writing! My only hope is that if they do take this route, they stay away from making it political.

That would at the very least be, creative and imaginative TV writing! My only hope is that if they do take this route, they stay away from making it political.

That would be an interesting twist for Janis to be the originator albeight unlikely, like you I wouldn't want it to be politically motivated be it domestic or foreign. We are no longer in the post cold war period of the 1990s when QL was filmed (although we may be entering a new cold war today lol)

I recently rewatched The Revenge of the Evil leaper episode to try link Thames handlink which was a transparent rounded pyramid shape and comparing it to Addisons which is similar in appearance but stylistically different, perhaps the Evil QL handlink was a variation.

It's a long shot, either way an origin story is needed.