Sam and Alia

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
Alia Idea

Hey I had a thought just a few minutes ago while pondering some Ql thoughts. What if for BLF they came in contact with Alia and had her go after Sam. Because shes a good leaper now, they got her away from Lothos. She would be cool as a main leaper and much better than Sammy Jo although I don't like Sammy Jo, so in my mind's eye anyone is better than her. Sorry I mean no offense to Sammy Jo fans I am merely expressing my opinion.

But I really liked Alia despite that she was only for ratings and Sam having a rival was a stupid idea in general. They picked a good rival charactor so it worked for me and I think she would make a very good BLF leaper.

here is a little prolouge of my thoughts on this:

Sam has leaped back into Beth's House in 69 and told her to wait for Al. He then contiunes leaping however back at PQL, Ziggy is unable to find him. Al insisted that they try and searched a little below half of Sam's lifetime with failure. The Crew is getting Discouraged as days go by and Sam is not appearing anywhere. Finally, a month after Sam's disappearence from the bar, Ziggy finds something, although it's not Sam.

Ziggy: Admiral, I believe I am picking up a set of brainwaves, however they are not Dr. Beckett's.

Al: What the hell?

Ziggy: A few of the brainwaves in question seem to slightly match Dr. Beckett's.

Al: English please, what the hell does that mean!?

Gooshi: I believe Ziggy is implying that there is another leaper?

Ziggy: Correct, and this other leaper would have had to at one time leaped with Dr. Beckett and aquire a slight brainwave connection that was maintained. It's the only way I could have detected this individual.

Al's eyes widened as he now remembered one other leaper. A leaper who had done the opposite of Sam, cursed lives while Sam blessed them. They had met her three times. A girl, she tried to kill him the first time. But the second time, she sided with Sam and he...HE TOOK HER WITH HIM WHEN HE NEXT LEAPED!

Sam: I'm taking Alia with me Al.
Al: Well what if it doesn't work, what if she takes you with her!?

But it did work, and they both leaped into a women's prison. They had to hypnotise her to hide her from her hybrid computer. Alia! He had blocked her out of his memory for so long because even though they had turned her good and saved her from Lothos, he has never much trusted her. She couldn't possibly be the one that Ziggy was dectecting now! Sam, however had never leaped with anyone else, there had never been another leaper besides the two of them. Once they had freed her from Lothos, she has leaped and they hadn't heard from her since. Now she was back somehow. Could this be a gift from God? Could he be telling then that she could be the one to find Sam. She was a leaper like him after all. Al still wasn't sure he trusted her though, although she did put herself in an armed Zoey's path for Sam and for the side of good. He wasn't sure what to think.

Gooshi: Admiral are you alright?

Al: My God it's her!

Gooshi: who?

Al: Alia!

Gooshi: Who's Alia?

Al: The other leaper. Sam and I met her before, she used to be evil but Sam saved her. She disappeared and now I think shes the one Ziggy is picking up.

Gooshi: Wow, that's weird.

Al: Ziggy can we get a lock on her?

Ziggy: I believe so, however your holographic image may not appear to her clearly as she only maintains slight evidence of Dr. Beckett's Brainwaves.

Al:*in a trance* I don't care, just lock me on to her.
He steps into the imaging chamber and prepares to be launched.
When the lock is targeted, Al finds himself staring at the evil leaper all over again. She looked exactly the same. he blinks a couple of times.

Al: Oh my God, it is you!

Alia jerks around startled and jumps back at the sight of him.

Alia: Oh my God where did you come from, who are you!?

Al: Oh ah, you've me me before but you've never seen me. I'm Al. Remember?

Alia looks at him with wonder. She does remember an Al that she met but never saw.

Alia: You mean Sam's Al?

Al: Yeah, ah huh.

Alia: Oh my God, I can see you!

Al: Yeah, apparently when you leaped with Sam that one time, you brainwaves slightly connected, Ziggy found you.

Alia: What about Sam, is he home?

Al opens his mouth to answer but then realizes the question as he is still shocked to see her again. He sighs.

Al: Ah no...actually, we've lost him.
Alia's eyes widen.

Alia: You've Lost him!

Al: yeah see, he leaped into this bar and left behind no counterpart. I was able to find him on a hunch that he was in his birthday but then he leaped again, and there is still no one in the waiting room. Without anyone in the waiting room, its impossible to find him.

Alia: Oh no.

Al: Somehow Ziggy found you while looking for him.

Alia: why me?

Al: That's what I am trying to figure out.

Alia: Maybe it's because I am supposed to find him.

Al: Wow, I never thought of that...well ok I did but I didn't consiter it much.

Alia: I can find him! I can!

Al: Well I would sure hope so, I can't bare to lose him. He's all I have.

Alia: After what he did for me, I owe him this. I will go find him.

Al: Wait, wait, wait! You gotta think before you leap here...haha no pun intended. You don't have a hibrid computer or a hologram to guide you anymore, right now you're just as lost as him.

Alia: No I am not, Ziggy found me, and I can see you and hear you now. Don't you know what that means? I do have a computer and a hologram to guide me, I have you guys.

Al: Hey that's true.

Alia: I am connected to Ziggy now, God must want me to find Sam. And I will.

Just a little Idea I came out with kind of on the spot...ok totally on the spot. I am not sure if it works or not, but its kind of interesting to think about.

Last edited:
I like it

Sam Beckett Fan said:
Thanx a lot, I came up with the actually scene on the spot at after 1 in the morning lol. I am surprised it came out ok.
I like this idea a lot, it would be a great way to bring quantum leap back like in the pre-credits sequence and when that bit of plot had been established you could have the old quantum leap music coming in like it used to. Then after that you could have a shot of Sam lost in time and space somewhere, drifting... Maybe have his voice thinking of what to do next while he is there resting, like his subconsciousness talking possibly? What thinkest thou quantum leap fans? And after that keep coming back to shots of sam drifting but each time he gets closer to finding an answer...

Robin
They say when you die your whole life flashes before you
Make sure it's worth watching

Say those are some pretty good thoughts there Leap of Faith. I like the idea of showing Sam bieng lost and scared of what he'll do and how he'll ever get home now.

Yeah that would be a neat idea wouldn't it. Maybe just like his mind drifting lost in space with no sense of time and not knowing where to go next or knowing what to do. Possibly his face could appear faintly in the sky to guide Alia and Al and just like generally be a moral booster for them both. He could say stuff like "Come on, keep going, I want to go home" I reckon we should write a fanfic where this actually happens and it could be an alternate continuance of the quantum leap saga. Something like Quantum Leap: The search for Sam. What do you think Sam Beckett Fan? and anyone else interested for that matter. Let me know what you think.

ok then Cya

Robin
Will Sam ever find a way home?

Yeah I kind of like it except I dont see it possible for Sam to be watching Alia and Al try to find him cuz that's kind of the point, he's lost. I was thinking more along the lines of he is shown in brief scenes throughout the movie wandering around scared and clueless.

OK then scrap that idea so do u wanna do a joint fanfic on it then? that would be a good idea methinks. What do you think?

Sure we can try, but I warn you I am nisy right now with school and my personal fanfic that I hope to audition for the Virtual Seasons. But I can try to do my part on this the best I can.

Thanx, and I know thats why I made it a month, or is that still not long enough? Or wouldn't they be worried anyway because he leaped out of the bar after they thought they would never find him,and now they lost him again with still no one in the waiting room to find him by.

I am not sure, plus I came up with that idea on the sopt at almost 2 so yeah, didn't think much just wrote hehe.

Last edited: