Kimberly Cullum

You know, it'd be interesting to see if they approach her to play Sam's daughter in "A Bold Leap Forward".

The summary says that BLF takes place 20 years after Mirror Image (at least, that's how I've interpreted it). This would make Sammy Jo too old of a character for being a lead role, from the viewpoint of the network nozzles. They're gonna want a younger female.

So, it could be that Sam and Donna conceived a daughter during the events of "The Leap Back". That would place the child's birth in the year 2000, Project Time. Fast forward 20 years for BLF, and the daughter is 20 years old--the perfect age for a lead role, again from the viewpoint of the network nozzles.

Therefore, I think it would be highly amusing and ironic to have them cast Kimberly as the daughter of Sam and Donna, when she once had played Sam's daughter Sammy Jo.

Actually, I really like the thought of Kimberly playing the lead role in the new QL.

Joy

It's funny... a few months ago, I was watching an episode from one of the Star Trek: TNG DVD sets, and Kimberly Cullum was in it; I recognized her immediately. After that, I realized, 'Gee, she's got to be all grown up by now, right?' So, out of curiosity, I tried finding a "current" picture of her, but I couldn't find one.

Mmmm, she's... a real cutie! :drool

I, too, could see them picking her for the role. As great as it would be for Sammy Jo to be the leaper, when I really think about it, to be honest, I don't think it's gonna happen quite the way we all envisioned it might. If Sammy Jo had been born in the '80's, then maybe...

Oh well, there's always my next TVS story... sort of... ;)

This sounds familiar

"The summary says that BLF takes place 20 years after Mirror Image (at least, that's how I've interpreted it). This would make Sammy Jo too old of a character for being a lead role, from the viewpoint of the network nozzles. They're gonna want a younger female.

So, it could be that Sam and Donna conceived a daughter during the events of "The Leap Back". That would place the child's birth in the year 2000, Project Time. Fast forward 20 years for BLF, and the daughter is 20 years old--the perfect age for a lead role, again from the viewpoint of the network nozzles."

Hey Joy I think you and I have had this discussion before on the imdb website for "Bold Leap":wavey

Remember how angry I got because I didn't believe that the "nozzles" would make Dean a regular on the series and how it is is a remake not a contiuation. There was also that wierd "Sammy Jo can't exist" paradox that I bored you with:nut

P.S I'm still cynical about "Bold Leap"s future but only because I have impossibly high standards...this IS Quantum Leap afterall!!:baby

P.P.S on the imdb my name was battrill

Re: This sounds familiar

Oh, yeah! I remember that discussion!

Me, I've kinda unofficially appointed myself the Optimistic Leaper for the online QL community. So, I'm always trying to rationalize things so that we can be more positive in our thinking. My motto comes from the song playing at the beginning of "Mirror Image"...

Accentuate the Positive!

Joy

Joy, there's a song called "Accentuate The Positive" that was on Mirror Image.
Kimberly Cullum must have been 10 or 11 in 1993 when Trilogy aired which would make her either 20 or 21 right now. I turned 10 on May 5, 1993 which was the dreadful last day of QL. :cry

~Steve(aka RossBeckett):leap

Ross, that's what Joy was saying... Accentuate the Positive is a very old song that was playing when Sam first leaped in, which is why Joy uses it as her motto...

Matt, she was in an episode from the last season called "Thine Own Self" which I found the summary of here: www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/episodes/TNG/detail/68642.html

Her character's name was Gia. Above the synopsis, there's a section called Media Library where you can view a picture of her attending to her father who was sick from radiation.