Just saying...

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
I know that it's been awhile since I've posted here at Al's Place. I'm still kicking - just don't have any more energy for all the work that I'm doing.

It seems that the administration at my school believes that I can teach four different English classes (Eng 1, 2, 3, & 4) in one class period to students who are at various levels in their reading and writing and some have a hard time comprehending material to begin with. ( I'm a resource English teacher.)

On top of that, I have volunteered to help my kids with their band endeavours. I am the Esprit de Corps Booster Treasurer. Yeah.

Also on top of that, I have been working with Colonial Radio Theatre: On The Air for awhile now and I'm starting to work on some of the most interesting things - Vincent Price audio! It's going to be pretty interesting to see how I'm going to do this one - it's rather gory to the point where people are killed like 6 times throughout the audio. Ew.

I am busy - but I don't want you guys to forget that I still love the show. I have actually started on a story - so, you The Virtual Seasons and Quantum Retribution may be coming back soon. Not sure on when - but soon. It may not be one a week like it was before - but we'll utilize the site. I've not given up on it yet. OK?

Talk with you guys soon!
~MJ

I know I made a huge blunder and seriously underestimated the complexity of my "World Without Sam Beckett" arc, which helped contribute to a lot of the delays. I'd just like to say again that the blame falls squarely upon my shoulders and not on my co-writer Mike Bloxam (MikeKraken). I think the best course of action at this point would be to kindly ask MJ to help us FINALLY finish this sucker.

I would also suggest that perhaps there should be some sort of relaunch or "reboot" of TVS, QR and The Starbright Project. I felt it was great how the ideas from each series were sort of spilling over into each other. I do think, however, that it began to scare some readers off by making things TOO complicated. So, knowing how much tougher it's been for MJ ever since AJ left the series, I have a proposition for her (and Brian, to a degree): I think there should be maybe one or two seasons left to wrap up loose ends and plot-lines. Then, with MJ acting as a sort of "liaison," I'd be willing to at least try to start up some sort of new QL spinoff focusing more on Sam and Al's descendants searching for him through time, perhaps on a more controlled basis. It would build upon elements used in TVS, QR and SBP, but fans wouldn't have to be required to read them to understand what's going on. Might be nice to get a fresh perspective on the world of Quantum Leap.

I've thought about this for a while now. What do people think?

Great to hear from you again MJ. :wavey
I can empathize with your work commitment - my husband has a boss who expects him to be Assistant Head [Vice Principal] AND run two departments, AND look after a form, AND teach two lessons per week in a second school 20 mins drive away and two lessons per week in a third school 15 mins drive away. Not only that, but the schools failed to communicate on timetabling, so for two of the lessons, he is supposed to finish one at the 20min school at 10am, and then teach one at his own school starting at 10am. :disbelief
Beam me up Scotty????
So you are not alone, my dear.
As for the return of the VS - so long as it can be done without hazard to your health, then YAY!!!!!

@ Brian - Yes, I'm trying.

@ Damon - That's an interesting idea. I'd have to give it a thought of two.

When The Virtual Seasons does return, it's going to be in a different format - I hope - so that anyone can write a story and depending on some things have it set into stand alone stories or archs. I'm still working on the set up. Having issues with that part of it.

@ Helen - Wow... you're husband is working harder than I am! I'll be praying for him as well. :) I promise - without hurting the health... ok?

Thanks guys for your feedback, I certainly do appreciate it.