Ernie Hudson cast as "Magic"!

This is wonderful news. Ernie is great in everything.

It’s interesting I remember the casting call for Magic said they were looking for an actor in their 60s. Which some fans thought was too young based on when we last saw in in 1970. But Ernie is perfect age. Which shows ages in the casting list are not firm and restrictive to who they actually will choose.

I can definatly see that working and a great fit for the role but also a familiar face.

Great choice 👍

I have to say, when I heard news of the revival and the description of a diverse cast of characters now taking over, I believed it. Turns out apparently it is true. Personally, although this is the current trend of entertainment these days, I have concerns that the dynamic of this new series will be very different from what we're used to. Quantum Leap's heart was Scott and Dean's chemistry; basically like they were a comedy duo. We hardly ever saw much of the team at PQL as the stories never needed to rely on multiple characters.

With that said, I am happy to see Ernie Hudson in this new series as he is a great veteran actor and can add some clout to the casting. I also had the pleasure of meeting him at a New York Comic Con maybe about 10 years ago or so. A very approachable, humble and stand up guy who shook my hand and even made sure I told my friend to make sure I got my picture. We shall see what happens. I am encouraged knowing Don and Deborah are involved. As for Scott, well...we all know he will show up. I just hope it is more than a cameo considering this entire plot will be revolving around finding him, apparently.

Why bring "Magic" back? Why bring any previous character back? Well, "Magic" obviously has a connection to Tom, of whom Sam saved. I am willing to go out on a limb and say that old Tom is out there and alive, and will extend the connection to Sam. There is no way Sam isn't going to show up.