What surprsied you the first time?

I would have to say the one episode that surprised me the most was Shock theater when Sam and Al switched spots. I remember watching Quantum leap during one of my summers when it came on USA at midnight. I always stayed up late purposely just so I could catch QL. I remember seeing that episode for the first time. I did not want to wait until the next night to see it. I wanted to see the next episode right away. My mind was reeling that whole next day as I waited for QL to come on that night.

What suprised me the most about quantum leap is how far the show was willing to leap Sam. I thought the first time I saw the chimp episode that was WRONG.

Hi everyone-

I hear what you are saying. It should also be noted that in an interview Scott has mentioned that as a parent he at the time wouldn't let his own kids watch some of the episodes because of the content.

Hi, QL fans!
As for me, I was bad surprised with the episode about Oswald. To my honest opinion it was the only unsuccessful one, because of touching some political moments. They don't form the spirit of QL but usual life events.