Quantum leap the haunting of project quantum leap

John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Leap date:- not known yet....

Al like every day used his ID electronic pass to enter the main entrance of project quantum leap and the security guard like every day would do the same old boring procedure of checking Al from top to bottom as the security guard finished using a electronic pen detector just like the ones they use at airport security Al was allowed to pass.

Working at the project Al knew wasn't your regular sort of job, it was a job which came with a lot of responsibility and Al remember just after the star bright project he had to sign a lot of paper work just to tell the government that he wouldn't tell any one on the out side world what he did for a living so all his family still throught he was a active admiral in the army it was always funny to Al that he became a admiral because he always thought when he was a junior rank that the admirals couldn't see passed their medals to save their own life's and now he said to himself with a funny smile on his face.

"look at me now"

Al walked into the control room wearing his full admiral uniform he was fully booted and suited and he took out of his pocket his own faithful friend the hand link and taps a few times on the device it lit up like a Christmas tree and Al says to ziggy.

"have you located Sam yet?"

Al had forgotten how many times in said that to the computer he thought if he got a dollar for every time he said that same exact thing he will definitely be able to buy Vegas by now.

Ziggy replys in her usual way

"nearly Admiral I am just locking on to his brainwaves now......"

Suddenly ziggy went heywire and the whole time machine including all of the center lights went out.

Every one could only see darkness pitch black.

Al says to anyone who could hear him

"emergency lights please"

The head programmer pulls a old fashion switch on the wall and some lighting came back on it was still dark but at lest they could talk and see who they were talking too.

But Al was very concerned the time machine and ziggy was completely shut off it was like the machine was totally dead.

Al looks at the programmer and says

"is there anything you can do for ziggy?"

"we will have to look at her systems closely but it could take several hours before she comes back online"

"try and do it as quickly as you OK"

"OK admiral"

Then surprisingly Al heard Sam's voice coming from the corridor out side the control room he could hear

"AL, AL is that you?"

"Sam? , Sam? you can't be here?"

Al quickly runs into the corridor and the corridor was empty and then suddenly a spirit like shape of Sam appears right in front of Al fading in and out of reality and Sam runs to AL going through him like a hologram saying

"help me!"

And he fades into thin air

Al says to himself "oh boy!"

End of part 1

Part 2

Al runs back into the control room and he is shocked to find himself past him in the control room the room was filled with ghosts of both Sam and Al on a previous leap Al walks up to the ghosts but it was like the ghosts wasn't aware of the current Al or the project it was like Al and all of the staff was seeing a replay of a previous leap. It was a memory of actually Sam's second leap into time and he was playing base ball and running around the pitch trying to win the game.

Donna says to AL

"what are we seeing? What is this?"

Al deep in thought looks at the ghostly image's in front of them just floating in mid air for all to see and he replies.

"its like we are seeing a repeat of Sam's past leap like ghostly memories just floating in front of us"

Donna says "which leap is this one?"

"actually it's Sam's second leap he had just phoned his dad using the telephone in the changing rooms and he had leaped into the player to win the game for his team otherwise they would of ended their careers in the cellar once again. I remember that one that was a special leap"

When the image had fully replayed the scene and as soon as Sam leaped out the image completely disappears.

A member of security runs into the room and says

"we are getting reports every where that ghost images of Sam's past leaps are floating all over the base."

Al says "just tell everyone to not be alarmed and the situation is under control you're got that"

"yes sir"

The security guard leaves.

Al says to Donna "in a way this is a unique opportunity"

"how so?" Donna replies

"for the past 5 years I have seen Sam leaping from one lifetime to the next putting wrongs to right now at least every one on this base can share thoses memories with me and actually see how he did it"

"true"

Al suddenly sees a ghostly image of the head programmer on the telephone talking to AL very concernly saying.

"AL! Sam's leaping! what do I do?"

"ziggy said no but Sam leaping!"

The programmer sees his ghostly counterpart of his past self repeating his past actions and he says outloud his current self.

"do I really sound like that?"

Al says "do you really want me to answer that?"

"point taken"

and Al saw Sam running into the leaping chamber to make his first quantum leap into time.

Al says "clearly these reruns are not repeating in the right order they are happening quite ramdomly we need to get use to these spirits until we can get ziggy back online have you got that people."

Every one nods " yes admiral"

OK let's get to work

End of part 2