Hi!

amymh

Project QL Intern
Apr 23, 2009
Ossett, West Yorkshire
This isn't my first post, but my posts are still being moderated so I must still be new!
Thought I'd introduce myself properly here :)
I'm 18, from England and love Quantum Leap (obv) but, being 18... none of my 18-year-old friends had heard of it untill I started wittering on about it!
So it's good to have a place where I can talk about it to people who care :lol

Nice to meet you, Amymh. I hope you have a pleasant time here, because this is a great place full of wonderful Quantum Leap fans. You can talk to your heart's desire. For proof, look at some of the post counts (including mine) :lol.

This isn't my first post, but my posts are still being moderated so I must still be new!
Thought I'd introduce myself properly here :)
I'm 18, from England and love Quantum Leap (obv) but, being 18... none of my 18-year-old friends had heard of it untill I started wittering on about it!
So it's good to have a place where I can talk about it to people who care :lol

Hi, welcome to the forum! How long have you been a fan?

Welcome,
You certainly found the right spot. We got people of all ages from all around the globe here.

:)
Make yourself at home.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Night Terror - I've liked it since the first time I saw an episode years since... I think Justice was the first I saw. I think I could say I've been a fan for about a year now... which really doesn't seem long seeing as it's 20 years old!

ohboy - I know! My 6 posts look completely amateur in comparison!!

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit - don't worry, I 'm relatively harmless!

Always good to have another fan from this part of the world.

hey Amymh,

Who's the little piggy in your picture ?
It's cuuuuute.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Night Terror - I've liked it since the first time I saw an episode years since... I think Justice was the first I saw. I think I could say I've been a fan for about a year now... which really doesn't seem long seeing as it's 20 years old!

Well, always glad to meet a new leaper. The show is certainly old, and I love how it still manages to attract new people to it. Means that it still has a lot of its original charm. That magical spark, which is something rather difficult to find in many shows these days. I hope you keep enjoying the show and the forum. Have you seen all the episodes already?

Hello Amymh!

I was about your age when I saw QL the first time. That's long ago. :roflmao: It's fine that younger people find QL today and like it as much as the older fans. Keeps it alive.

Have a nice time here and with QL!

Thanks, I found piggy on an avatar site :)
Yeah, just finished watching them all actually... not all in the right order though... I'll do that when I have all the box sets :)

I'm off to Fiji in a fortnight for 4 months... I'm going to have to put plenty episodes on my iPhone otherwise I'll probably get withdrawl symptoms!

Thanks, I found piggy on an avatar site :)
Yeah, just finished watching them all actually... not all in the right order though... I'll do that when I have all the box sets :)

I'm off to Fiji in a fortnight for 4 months... I'm going to have to put plenty episodes on my iPhone otherwise I'll probably get withdrawl symptoms!

Oh, that's nice. Four months! Well, might not be a bad idea to have them all, actually, instead of just "plenty." ;) You could cover at least 3 months with all 5 seasons (if you saw one episode per day). I don't know, maybe I'm getting a bit carried away here...

Anyway, now that you have seen them all, do you have a favorite?

Hey another UK QL fan! :) And Yorkshire, not too far from me...(it's a small world after all!) :D

I've got a baby sister who's 19 and she only knows Quantum Leap because I used to point at the characters when she was little and say "Who's that?" and she'd say "Sam"

I was very young myself when I first saw QL, I was 9 (back in 1991) and when I went to secondary school the teenagers said I was too young to watch it. :D

But I'm not now! :D

Anyway

WELCOME!!!!

Haha, you can never get too carried away :) I'll put as much on as will fit! Maybe I'll introduce it to the Fijian kids I'm looking after!

Hmm... it's so hard to pick a fave but Shock Theatre always comes to mind... and A Leap Between The States. Also any that make me cry or shout at the TV... which probably covers all of them really haha.

Janna Galaxy - ah yes, not too far :)
Aww bless! It's good to teach them young... my 4-year-old neice was watching it with me once and asking what was happening... I'm not sure she understood my explanation or not!

Haha, you can never get too carried away :) I'll put as much on as will fit! Maybe I'll introduce it to the Fijian kids I'm looking after!

Oh, that would be very nice. Let's hope they'll like it. Now, I don't mean to pry or anything, but why are you going over there? Why are you going to look after these Fijian kids? I'm a bit curious, that's all, I mean no offense. Are you a missionary or something like that?

Hmm... it's so hard to pick a fave but Shock Theatre always comes to mind... and A Leap Between The States. Also any that make me cry or shout at the TV... which probably covers all of them really haha.

Wow! "A Leap Between The States". Now you're my heroine. Nobody seems to like that one, but it's also one of my favorites. "The Beast Within" is my absolute favorite, though. And, now that we're at it, how about your least favorite?

I'm going as part of my gap year. I'm looking after kids in a Fijian special school / early intervention centre. It'll be stuff like teaching / playing / generally helping out. Then after the placement I'm travelling around the islands for a couple of weeks so I get to be a tourist too :)

Yeah I love A Leap Between The States 'cause I like it when Sam tells people how things will have changed in the future and he does it loads in this one :) also I got mega tingles at the end when the guy picked his name and it's also kinda like it was Sam who encouraged his beliefs that he will have passed on to his kids / grandkids etc :D

As for a least favourite... Hmm... Maybe something like All Americans or Play Ball, just 'cause the stories aren't as memorable for me 'cause I don't connect as much to them as to others.

And hi Sam's Crow!

:D

I'm going as part of my gap year. I'm looking after kids in a Fijian special school / early intervention centre. It'll be stuff like teaching / playing / generally helping out. Then after the placement I'm travelling around the islands for a couple of weeks so I get to be a tourist too :)

Yeah I love A Leap Between The States 'cause I like it when Sam tells people how things will have changed in the future and he does it loads in this one :) also I got mega tingles at the end when the guy picked his name and it's also kinda like it was Sam who encouraged his beliefs that he will have passed on to his kids / grandkids etc :D

As for a least favourite... Hmm... Maybe something like All Americans or Play Ball, just 'cause the stories aren't as memorable for me 'cause I don't connect as much to them as to others.

And hi Sam's Crow!

:D

Oh, well, I hope you have a good time. You sound pretty excited, and that's important.

You know, I loved those moments from Leap Between The States, too, especially when Sam tells Isaac to "believe in it" and then the background music begins to play and there's a slow close-up on Isaac's thinking expression. One of my favorite QL moments.

By the way, my least favorite is the Marilyn Monroe episode. Probably the only one I always skip. The Elvis episode was bearable, but it was bad, too, in my opinion.

I reckon in the episode Memphis Melody, the woman shouldn't have gotten over her stage fright as quickly.

My main problem was with the Hollywood cliches, and this episode was full of them, as well as "Good Bye, Norma Jean" (they were more noticeable in this episode). They were so desperate (the show had jumped the shark so badly) that they had to recur to the same old and boring stereotypes and points of view (Marilyn was a victim, Elvis was a miracle from the heavens; even the LHO episode recurred to many bad stereotypes and cliches). At the end of those episodes I was like "OK... and? Who cares about Elvis or about Marilyn? Not me, certainly." But well, I've never been a sucker for celebrities. In fact, I'd hate to be.

Anyway, it's such a coincidence that my favorite and most hated episodes are actually together! "Good Bye, Norma Jean" leaps into "The Beast Within". I never even thought of that until now.

Last edited:
So you're not going :rolleyesto be visiting us during those 4 months?

Well I'm gonna have limited Internet access, like, I'd have to go to an Internet café or somewhere with wifi (which I've been told they have :) ). So I'll be emailing friends and family some weekends so I'll try and stop by then :D

Well I'm gonna have limited Internet access, like, I'd have to go to an Internet café or somewhere with wifi (which I've been told they have :) ). So I'll be emailing friends and family some weekends so I'll try and stop by then :D

That would be very nice... Oh, and by the way, I didn't add that "rolleyes" to my original post, eh! Hehehe! :p