Music on "Runaway".

Sam_Are_Ethan

Temporary Account
Oct 6, 2009
uk
At the beginning of that episode, just after Sam leaps in, we hear some music, which is later heard in the episode "Piano Man", when Sam is speaking to the jinx woman, I think her name is Lorraine, when he first meets her at the place where he played the piano. Does anyone know which music it is and how I can find it?

Also, I'd like to know what's the name of the music from the episode "Glitter Rock", just when Sam goes to Dwayne's office to talk about the ranch and the bank account he has. I've never heard that music anywhere else except in Quantum Leap. I don't know if V. Ray Bunch composed it or what, it could be a possibility, but I'm not sure. It's like the music from "8 1/2 months" we hear in the credits. That same music is later heard in "Heart of a Champion" at the bar scene (but I've never heard it anywhere else outside of QL). One thing I wanna make clear: it's not background music (I mean V. Ray's score), it's like that music is playing on the radio every time. If anyone can help me, if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate it very much, because it's been bugging me for a while, and I'd like to find that music. Sounds cool.

Sorry for this, but please, please help me with this one... Any of the veteran fans, perhaps? I'd really love to find out more about that music. If I need to make something clear, please tell me and I'll explain myself further.

Hi If you mean just after the title music in runaway the song on the radio is Patsy Cline 'crazy' I hope thats the one you mean.

No, just after he leaps in, it's only instrumental, it has no words. You can hear that same tune when he is talking to Lorraine in "Piano Man", when they're still at the place where he plays the piano. They're both sitting down in front of the mirror, I think, and you can hear the tune while they're speaking.

O.K question... Did you hear it at the version on the DVD set or the original episode aired on TV?

Actually, both, and it's still the same. I see what you're asking, but no, it's not replaced music. It was there all along. Please someone with access to these episodes check this out, so at least you let me know that you also noticed these tunes. The Runaway episode is one example, but like I said, another one would be "8 1/2 months". Listen to the music that plays during the credits. That same instrumental tune is later heard on "Heart of a champion" during the bar scene, and if I'm not mistaken during another episode from the 4th season. Sounds a little like "texan" or "country" music, haha! I don't know how to classify it. I never heard it outside of QL, the same goes with the "runaway" piece and in "glitter rock", the tune that is being heard during the conversation with Sam and Dwayne when they're at his office discussing the "ranch business." These last two are not country or anything, they're from different genres. It's not only a dvd thing, I've checked both versions and that's how they were originally aired, too.

Actually, both, and it's still the same. I see what you're asking, but no, it's not replaced music. It was there all along. Please someone with access to these episodes check this out, so at least you let me know that you also noticed these tunes. The Runaway episode is one example, but like I said, another one would be "8 1/2 months". Listen to the music that plays during the credits. That same instrumental tune is later heard on "Heart of a champion" during the bar scene, and if I'm not mistaken during another episode from the 4th season. Sounds a little like "texan" or "country" music, haha! I don't know how to classify it. I never heard it outside of QL, the same goes with the "runaway" piece and in "glitter rock", the tune that is being heard during the conversation with Sam and Dwayne when they're at his office discussing the "ranch business." These last two are not country or anything, they're from different genres. It's not only a dvd thing, I've checked both versions and that's how they were originally aired, too.

I think I know what you mean, and I've noticed them too, but I don't know what they're called or where you can find them. I guess that would be something interesting to ask Scott or even Velton Ray at a Quantum Leap convention, if there's another one, that is. Thank you for noticing by the way. This show has a lot of unsolved mysteries on its own.