DON BELLISARIO - what other shows has he done?

electrictroy

Project QL Intern
Aug 26, 2005
I was rather surprised to read the Don is the man behind NCIS (currently on tv). I thought he would have retired by now. What other shows has he done?

electrictroy said:
I was rather surprised to read the Don is the man behind NCIS (currently on tv). I thought he would have retired by now. What other shows has he done?

Do you mean since QL, or at all?

Don was responsible for the original Battlestar Galactica, and he was involved in JAG, to name just two.

Hey I loved Tales of the Gold Monkey when it was on years ago, never missed a show!!! Who'd have thought DBP was the creator of some many of the shows I used to love and love now (NCIS is my favourite show currently airing) The mans a genius!!!

My memories of Tales of the Gold Monkey are kind of hazy...although I do remember watching it. I think I grew up watching Bellisario programs. I remember watching Battlestar Galactica (Bellisario was a writer/producer, Glen A Larson was the creator), Magnum PI, Tales of the Gold Monkey, etc. Of his works, it's easy to say that Quantum Leap and JAG ar emy favorites...and as soon as I get the story idea straight, I'd love to write a crossover between the two.

Yes my recollection of TOTGM are a little hazy too, it was a long time ago and I was really young, but I also loved Magnum PI and BG, although my recollections of BG are also a little hazy, was that they show were they had some weird mechanical dog? Does DBP have much to do with the new BG?

To my knowledge, he has nothing to do with the new Battlestar Galactica. Glen A. Larson is a consulting producer on it, though.

BG was the one with the mechanical dog...Muffit (sp). I was surprised when I found out that it only ran for one season. For some reason, I was always under the impression that it ran longer than that. Maybe it's because I saw it so much in syndication. I think I even have a couple of the commercially available VHS tapes.

It did have a brief "comeback" in Galactica 1980 when they did find Earth. It didn't even run a full season.

jmoniz said:
To my knowledge, he has nothing to do with the new Battlestar Galactica. Glen A. Larson is a consulting producer on it, though.

BG was the one with the mechanical dog...Muffit (sp). I think I even have a couple of the commercially available VHS tapes.

It did have a brief "comeback" in Galactica 1980 when they did find Earth. It didn't even run a full season.

Muffit the mechanical dog was actually referred to as a Daggit, rather than a dog.
I think I have all the original BG eps, including the one that 'inspired' QL, which I think was from the comeback series on Earth, with the guy in the white suit that only Starbuck could see and hear.

I too remember Tales of the Golden Monkey with affection. It had a lovely theme tune as I recall, and a bartender! I think it starred the guy who went on to play a character in the first Star Trek movie - the one who loved Ilia, I'm blanking on names at the moment.

leaper1 said:
I think it starred the guy who went on to play a character in the first Star Trek movie - the one who loved Ilia, I'm blanking on names at the moment.

Stephen Collins? I first got into star trek cause my fellow TOTGM friend told me he was in the movie, so i watched the movie cause of him. Then he was in that show about the Church Minister and his kids (also blanking on names) and his wife in that was the lady who played the marine biologist in Star trek 4 when the go back to earth and save the whales.

I forget who wrote the fanfic episode(QL:The Virtual Seasons), but there was an episode that crossed over into NCIS. If I remember correctly, Jen Sheppard(Director of NCIS played by Lauren Holly) was only mentioned in the story or perhaps a phone conversation. That was real nice to see. :)

Steve B.