Hello from California

heatherb

Project QL Intern
May 25, 2009
Iowa
Hello everyone, my name is Heather and I've been a Quantum Leap fan since about 1999. I was young when the show originally aired, but I remember seeing bits and pieces when I was growing up. When I started watching The X-Files in 1999, I started watching the Sci Fi channel, that's how I came across QL. Sci Fi didn't air QL for long, they're air a marathon here and there, but it never ran on a weekly basis. Since the show wasn't airing, I forgot about it for a while until about 2 years ago when ION channel added QL to their line up. They're finally airing season 5 for the first time, so I'm almost caught up on all of the episodes.

Favorite Episode: M.I.A is one of my favorites, that's the one that comes to mind first. I also love A Leap For Lisa, Shock Theater, and The Leap Home.

And like many women, I have a thing for Scott Bakula. :dreaming:dreaming:dreaming

I hope to post around here a lot. I just can't get enough of the show, I want to watch it non-stop. I have season 1 on DVD, but haven't purchased the other because I want the original music. :(

Welcome,Heather. I'm glad you made it here from the IMDB's Boards. Hope to read some of your thought on some of the QL episodes in the Episode guide Forum we have here and i hope you'll have a good time with us.

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit.
Hope you have as much fun here as I do.
Any chance you can come to London in the summer to meet Scott?

Thank You everyone for the warm welcome :)

leaper1 - Oh trust me, I hate flying, but I'd do it to see Scott... I doubt I can financially do it though :( I might be moving to another state this summer too with my Navy guy, don't know when. What day is it? I wanted to go out to the UK this summer to see Gillian Anderson's play, but got halted by finances. Boo!

Thank You everyone for the warm welcome :)

leaper1 - Oh trust me, I hate flying, but I'd do it to see Scott... I doubt I can financially do it though :( I might be moving to another state this summer too with my Navy guy, don't know when. What day is it? I wanted to go out to the UK this summer to see Gillian Anderson's play, but got halted by finances. Boo!

18th & 19th July - see the thread in the Leap Back section
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5434
My finances are stretching, but hopefully the family will give me money for my birthday which will cover the shortfall.

18th & 19th July - see the thread in the Leap Back section
http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5434
My finances are stretching, but hopefully the family will give me money for my birthday which will cover the shortfall.

:) I hope you can go. As much as I love Scott, it's really an optional thing right now. I'm in the process of getting ready to move out on my own for the first time. I just checked online to see how much it would cost... flights start at $1,200 before taxes and without hotel/food/car rental. Plus, that's a 10 hour flight and I'd be going alone.

Do you think Scott will be at US event anytime soon?

It's ashame you didn't find us earlier, you missed the best ever Quantum Leap convention. Even though Scott is appearing in London, I doubt he will sing, what an absolute treat we were given.

You think you have it bad ... flights from Australia if you get lucky start at $2000 (and that's Australian dollars), flight time 28 hours, seeing Scott Bakula ... priceless! Well actually it's about 25 pounds.

It's ashame you didn't find us earlier, you missed the best ever Quantum Leap convention. Even though Scott is appearing in London, I doubt he will sing, what an absolute treat we were given.

You think you have it bad ... flights from Australia if you get lucky start at $2000 (and that's Australian dollars), flight time 28 hours, seeing Scott Bakula ... priceless! Well actually it's about 25 pounds.

Here's what upset me... I registered on Feb 1st, before the convention, so I could find someone to meet up with, but never got approved for my account. I used the "Contact Us" feature on this forum 3 times and never got a response. I ended up missing it (very upset) because I didn't have anyone to go with me. I even had the days taken off from work. The convention was only an hour and 20 minutes from my house :(

Ouch!

:( That's very sad.
may I ask, if it is not too personal, what is was that prevented you from attending alone. :)

None of my friends at home share my passion for Quantum Leap but nothing was going to stop me from going. I was in the USA for 5 weeks in total and I did most of it on my own.

By attending the con I have made about 15 new friends, which I think, if I hadn't travelled on my own I would never have met them. The great thing is my new friends share the same passion of QL with me and now we have the same fantastic memories. Check out the video in the Marc B Lee Bowling Adventures thread, most of those people were attending the con on their own.

I can't wait to meet up with a few of my new friends again in about 6-7 weeks in London.

But we can't change the past (times like these you wish Sam Beckett was real and could put right what once went wrong) but at least you have found some fans to share your passion with online.

Honestly, I didn't know if I was going to connect with anyone at the convention. At the time, I had only seen seasons 1-3, about half of season 4, and maybe 2 episodes from season 5. I'm not as hardcore as some of you as I'm technically still new to QL because I'm 2nd generation and I wasn't able to watch the show for almost 10 years since it wasn't on tv. I didn't want to feel like an outcast. I'm honestly not a very social person if I'm around people I don't know. I ALMOST went... but then I got cold feet. It's a lot of money to pay for not being sure I was going to like it. Yeah, now I regret it, but I can't change it. I'll just pray for another convention or Scott event *crosses fingers*

That makes perfect sense, not everyone likes going places alone, especially if you don't know what to expect.

Some of us hope that something might happen for the 25th anniversary, but others say it's not likely. I don't know. Can't stop hoping :D
Anyway, it seems that Scott pops up all over the place, so you should get a chance :)

LOL trust me, we aren't all hard core. I know Bec had only just finished watching all five seasons before going to the con, she was relatively new to QL, actually I think there were a few new leapers that have or are watching QL for the first time as it is now being played as reruns on Scifi channels around the world.

I think the only real hard core leaper there was Janine, I'm still tempted to check that social security number is correct but I will take your word for it lol!

I think the only real hard core leaper there was Janine, I'm still tempted to check that social security number is correct but I will take your word for it lol!

Here is an easier way to check it... find the book - "Quantum Leap A to Z" and then read Sam Beckett pages and you'll read it by yourself. In fact i believe anyone who'll read this guide more then once or twice,might,eventually, remember it,too.