Learned My Le$$on

PQC

Banned
Aug 6, 2007
www.myspace.com
I have LEARNED MY LE$$ON about staying at the convention hotel. I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Burbank and was given such a hard time about simple hotel shuttle service to the BG Holiday Inn.

I've also learned the importance of having a good camera during such golden moments like meeting Scott Bakula and Don Bellisario. I haven't looked at my pictures yet....please God don't let the pictures be blurry...like the rest of them.

I'm exhausted and flying out today. If anybody bothers to read this on Monday, March 30, 2009, I will be at the Bob Hope Airport. My flight leaves at 3:35pm.

I found this out at the Sony FanFaire last August in Las Vegas.

That $30-40 saved is really not worth it for the extra travel time involved.

The Leap con hotel was just OK, the staff were a tad dodgy, and the hotel was not really close to any attractions, but the convenience of being able to walk down from the hotel room to the convention rooms any time you wanted is hard to beat.

I know there are a lot of folks who were at the Con that I didn't get to meet. I was the 6'9" guy who was never without his red camera case. :)

I've always found it's easier to stay at the convention hotel. It's noisier, though, but you don't miss as much and it's much less hassle.

If your pictures come out blurry, ask a friend with photoediting software if s/he can help. It doesn't have to be a total loss. My daughter did wonders with too-dark concert pictures by editing them on her Macbook.

The Leap con hotel was just OK, the staff were a tad dodgy, and the hotel was not really close to any attractions, but the convenience of being able to walk down from the hotel room to the convention rooms any time you wanted is hard to beat.

Oh, I thought the hotel was nice. (Not perfect, but I've never stayed in a perfect hotel!) The staff was courteous and helpful to me.

I loved the hotel and I got a really nice driver arranged by the hotel. To me this trip holds postive memories. The only sad one was my picture with Scott came out blurry.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

My picture came out a bit blurry too. I'm going to see if I can fix it. Or just wait on the official one. :/

I didn't have any major problems with the hotel either. Granted no attractions were nearby, but there was a shuttle to Citywalk, which was convenient. I also know someone local to LA, who was able to drive me around a bit, I wouldn't have been able to get around as easily without that, so I can understand that. I know I wouldn't want to drive a rental car in LA.

Nice signature Jenna. ;)

The only picture of mine that came out blurry was David Newsom too!

I mostly wish I had tired to get more pictures. With the large panels I felt funny asking every single person. I wish got a picture with Don. We were told not to ask. But he seemed willing anyways!!! I should of just did it!!!

On Friday I missed a whole autograph panel because I wanted to see the behinds the scene panel at the same time.

My biggest regret is I should have stuck around the restaurant after I ate on Sunday night. Just as I was finishing up a huge group of fans came with Marc to eat.

I had waited a long time for my meal. After I got my soup they forgot about my main order. I was also very tired. I hardly sleep at all that weekend. I normally work very late so my sleep schedule was all messed up.

Anyways I wish I had stuck around and had dessert so I could have hung out with everyone.

We all put in iron man hours at the convention. I was a front row String Theorist (A23) farthest to the left in the front row. So, I got pictures with both Don and Scott and that was the crowning moment of it.

Scott said he's the original blue man group and that it would have been perfect to beam Dean Stockwell in as a hologram.

The panel with Susan Griffiths (Marylin Monroe) ran away and didn't participate in the autograph pass. I wanted a picture with Marylin Monroe. I also had my Quantum Leap soundtrack with me and wanted Velton Ray Bunch to sign it, but he ran away after playing piano for Scott.

Scott singing was awesome.

Us fans need to realize to truly appreciate celebrities for taking time out for us, but on the flip side of the coin the celebrities need to realize we get one 30 second shot with them.

Susan did sign briefly. Outside in front of the Eldorado Building. I am not sure how that came about. There was a small group around here and she seemed willing for autographs and pictures.

Around this same time a man was being lead by a volunteer to building where the signings and deal room was. I immediately recognize him as Velton Ray Bunch. I shook his hand and said I was a big fan of his. He said he would "See me later"

This was about an hour before him and Scott came out on stage. I think the two of them may have rehearsed before hand. I feel very lucky. I was probably one of the few fans who got to talk to him.

I am very appreciative of all the stars who came. Look at it from their perspective. As flattering as it was to get praise from fans, it probably becomes a bit of a numbing blur after seeing so many people one right after the other.

30 Second Celebrity Meetings

Susan did sign briefly. Outside in front of the Eldorado Building. I am not sure how that came about. There was a small group around here and she seemed willing for autographs and pictures.

Around this same time a man was being lead by a volunteer to building where the signings and deal room was. I immediately recognize him as Velton Ray Bunch. I shook his hand and said I was a big fan of his. He said he would "See me later"

This was about an hour before him and Scott came out on stage. I think the two of them may have rehearsed before hand. I feel very lucky. I was probably one of the few fans who got to talk to him.

I am very appreciative of all the stars who came. Look at it from their perspective. As flattering as it was to get praise from fans, it probably becomes a bit of a numbing blur after seeing so many people one right after the other.

Check out my MySpace page: RIGHT TO CENSOR (Steven Richards, Ivory, Bull Buchanan, Val Venis, The Goodfather, "Bartender" Brian Greene)

It's open to the public and a bit risque, but if you click on pics I have a photo album dedicated to tracking down celebrities and getting 30 seconds with them.

As far as Marylin and Velton Ray Bunch goes, where they were signing was never officially announced. I was waiting for the green light to go, but never received clearance.

In the dealer room on the far right side of the wall when you enter, there was one dealer who sold mock badges. He had badges from Project Quantum Leap. When I was down there, I mentioned the soundtrack and the dealer pointed out to me that he produced it. So, I took out my soundtrack and had him sign it on the left side. Velton Ray Bunch was suppose to sign the right side of it.

The most appreciative semi-celebrity was the comic book illustrator. He participated in the autograph pass and I approached him at this table with a shoe box containing all 13 of his comic books.

During his panel, I asked him how come the issues stopped at 13 and we never did get to see Sam leap into a baby. As a fan pointed out later, the script for the comic of Sam leaping into a baby is on Al's Place in the comic section.

I also brought all 19 of my novels when only three authors showed up. I brought them just in case somebody new would show up. Ya never know...

Last edited:
"DON'T BE A CRY BABY, BE A TRY BABY!"

-Partick Warburton as THE TICK

(Speaking of which, on my flight from Burbank, California to Dallas, Texas, Partrick Warburton was in the VIP section. Remember, Patrick was in THE LEAP HOME Part II: Vietnam. I remember him mostly from being THE TICK in the live action version of the cartoon on FOX in 2001.)

Last edited: