New Member: Leaper4Life

Leaper4Life

Project QL Intern
Jan 15, 2006
The O.C.
www.myspace.com
Hi guys! I'm Jenn. I'm a BIG fan of QL and I've been having a lot of fun the past couple weeks re-introducing myself to the show. I forgot just how much I LOVED this show!!

I started off by renting the first season on DVD and after I finished it, I sent it back and just couldn't fight the urge to keep watching! I ran out yesterday and bought Season 2 of QL. It's gonna take a lot of willpower for me not to stretch my pocketbook and buy Season 3 when I'm finished with this one.

I'm about to start "Jimmy" but I just thought I'd hop in and say hello. :wavey I look forward to many discussion about the adventures of Sam & Al and will join many of you in praying for a new life in QL.

They just don't make shows like these any more. :disbelief

Cheers!
Jenn

Welcome to the board Jenn. It's always great to meet new Leapers. You will not find a better community than this one. We can get a little nuts sometimes but it's all in good fun.

*Fights urge to plug The Quantum Leap Virtual Seasons @ http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/virtualseasons/main/main.html

Sorry, One of my old teachers used to say "Fight the Temptation." and I still to this day have not mastered actually doing it.
So, Sit back, Have a Rodbeer on me :cheers and let us know your thoughts and feelings about this great show

Welcome aboard Jenn! Nice to meet you! I'm Jennie or Jen (with one n) so hopefully we won't confuse people too much. ;)

Hope you have a great stay and stay long....

(psst....nail the saloon doors shut now!)

Welcome to the board!!! Tom's right, this place is INSANE, but its sooooooo much fun. QL is indeed the best show on TV, and Al's Place is the best place on the web.

Have a schooner on me! Hehe...:cheers

Samantha Beckett

wow! thanks for all the nice welcomes. I'm excited to be here too and chat about one of my all-time favorite shows. I'm almost finished with Season 2 and I ran out and bought Season 3 today. I'm so weak! But at least I'll be broke and happy.

I'm having so much fun watching these shows again, some I remember and others are like new! That's the great thing about this show. It's timeless!

Haha, i just realized this. Jenn, if u come into the chat room with us "usuals", there will be two Helens (leaper1 joins occasionally) and two Jens (Jennie/Jenn)...things are gonna get confusing, lol!!:lol:lol

Samantha Beckett

Samantha_Beckett said:
Haha, i just realized this. Jenn, if u come into the chat room with us "usuals", there will be two Helens (leaper1 joins occasionally) and two Jens (Jennie/Jenn)...things are gonna get confusing, lol!!:lol:lol

Samantha Beckett

She already joined us once Claire

Leaper4Life said:
Hi guys! I'm Jenn. I'm a BIG fan of QL and I've been having a lot of fun the past couple weeks re-introducing myself to the show. I forgot just how much I LOVED this show!!

Welcome !

Nice screename by the way - Leaper4Life, pretty much sum's up the way I feel too :D.

BlueSovereign said:
Welcome !

Nice screename by the way - Leaper4Life, pretty much sum's up the way I feel too :D.

Thanks... revisiting the show made me remember why it was one of my favorites growing up. It's the truth I'm a Leaper for Life. The greatest thing about this show is that you CAN watch it over and over again and it still remains timeless. Shows like that are classics.

Not to mention I feel like I'm 10 again when I see Scott Bakula as Sam Beckett :dreaming :drool :sup

SamBeckettfann said:
are you kidding, i feel older, about 25 when i see Scott.:drool:sup:dreaming

Sorry to make you feel dated but I'm only 26. I was about 10 when the show began, that's why I said it. I just finished watching "The Leap Home Pts. 1 & 2" Of course I cried! I LOVE IT!! I might just take the rest of the disc downstairs and watch it on our big TV. I only got a 16" in my bedroom. Sadly I have to work tomorrow or else I'd stay up all night watching this show.

yeah well i'm 19, im not that young.
i was surpirsed, usually when it gets sad, i cry. but with Ql i only cried for MIA, the SECOND not first time i saw it, and mirror image. oh and the leap back made me cry at the end when DOnnas looking at the stars with Al.

I'm 19 as well. I was two-turning-three when the show premiered so i didn't get into it until it was in syndication when I was 7. I grew up on reruns, this was my first favorite show. QL was the show I watched constantly and Cats Don't Dance was the movie I watched constantly. Scott's been in my life for 12 years, lol. When I see him, I hope that someday that I will work with him (aspiring actress here) as like his daughter or something.

I love movies that make me cry, but I only watch them under specific qualifications, lol. I have different kinds of sadness/depression. WIth one, I always have to put in something like Finding Nemo or Monty Python and the Holy Grail...I want to be happy again. With the other, I purposefully put in movies like Finding Neverland or Return of the King. I have to cry it out. Cryers are very theraputic at times.

Samantha Beckett

i wish i was like you Claire, i did not discover Ql until early last year, i too was two going on three when it began and my mom claimed to have watched it buit i never did growing up.
Leaper4life, for the full story on this look in a thread called "Who needs drugs, i deal QL". i am near the last one on the first page of the thread.

Ok... now I feel old! You're just a bunch of youngins. I watched this show when it was still on the air and nearly all the time when it was in syndication!

I'm glad that this show appeals to all ages. ;)

Leaper4Life said:
Ok... now I feel old! You're just a bunch of youngins. I watched this show when it was still on the air and nearly all the time when it was in syndication!

I'm glad that this show appeals to all ages. ;)

oh hun, there are 48 years olds on this board, and my mom who is 43 watched it when it was on and now i just got her re-into it after my best friend got me into it.

[SamBeckettfann] oh hun, there are 48 years olds on this board...

Just the right age to be my younger sisters and/or brothers. :roflmao:

I've been a fan of QL almost from the beginning (around the 3rd season, actually), and still going strong for this marvelous show. It's one of those rare shows that reaches and appeals to all ages. Quantum Leap rocks!

------
Eleiece

Sherdran said:
Just the right age to be my younger sisters and/or brothers. :roflmao:

I've been a fan of QL almost from the beginning (around the 3rd season, actually), and still going strong for this marvelous show. It's one of those rare shows that reaches and appeals to all ages. Quantum Leap rocks!

------
Eleiece

Yeah, thank God for you Eleiece, one of the few board members older than me!

I will never ever 'outgrow' QL!

Hi all I had a blast reading all your posts...I am 28 and I didn't get into QL untill I was in the 10 grad. My little sister, brother, mom and I would watch it while we ate dinner. We all we do are home work so we could see it. my mom and I was into Al and Sam and my brother was just into the "cool" stuff that the writers made Sam do.
It wasn't until high school that I really fell in love with the show. I have always loved Al and Sam but now I really can't get ( at times) enugh of QL. There is a show for every mood I'm in. I just love the fact that Sam can sing and sing well. I even go the cd of the net this last summer (Somwhere in the night) and did it for a funraser. It was well like no one could believe that such a wounderful song could come from a T.V show but like I told them ( QL is not just any old show it is a GREAT show).

Now can hardly wait for the forth season to come out...Oh waiting can be soooooooo hard. Julie

I'm having liver spots appearing on my hands listening to all you young pups! Excuse me while I go take a nap---where's my walker?

elliemae said:
I'm having liver spots appearing on my hands listening to all you young pups! Excuse me while I go take a nap---where's my walker?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

-------
Eleiece

Coming out from the woodwork... for now

Welcome to Al's Place, Jenn! I've been here for nearly three years now but have been virtually absent ever since the ezboard crash and the move to this board... being a university student doesn't allow me very much time to read up and post on the board. I'm sure you'll have a great time here!

As for the age issue, it doesn't matter how old you are when it comes to Quantum Leap... Sam can leap into you at whatever stage in your life he wants to. :b I didn't realise that there were so many 20-something people on the board nowadays... I myself am 23 but didn't start watching QL until Space began showing it in syndication in March 1999, so I guess I've been a fan for just shy of seven years. Wow.

Keep the leap!

... Mike. ^_^
(post #43)