Phew!! Hot Hot Hot

Bexter

Project QL Intern
Mar 13, 2007
Western Australia
www.myspace.com
Boy am I one hot little bunny today (and I don't mean the playboy type). 41c here today and of course, first hot day we've had for months (well actually since yesterday but that was the first hot day in months) and our newly privatised power supplier spat it and i was without power for 2 and half hours, so of course up here that means, no water, no power, no air con, no flushing loos etc.

Eventually it came back on and all was well.. then... jumped into the car to pick up my kids at 2.30pm and battery was flat, not just flat dead dead dead, it didn't even tick over, so of course frantic phone calls and organisation to get them home.

What does the bible say? "Don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself! Each day has enough trouble of its own..." Gee your not wrong there

Btw: I would just like to point out that when my power goes out, which it does rather frequently over summer, I am extremely grateful that I have power to the roof over my head and the aircon on my wall in the first place. Not to mention that when the batttery goes flat in my car and I can't pick up my kids I am grateful that I have a car and my kids are at great school getting educated in the first place. :D

Ha - no thanks!!! As you know we had non stop rain for months, so I am not at all lamenting the passing of winter. However I do wish the weather would stay nice (in the 20's) for longer, or even low 30's. We have approximately 4 weeks of nice weather a year, the rest of the time its either stinking hot or raining.

Last edited: