SEASON 4 - MARCH 28th 2006 (region 1)

Kal-El

Project QL Intern
Nov 3, 2005
seasonfourcover.jpg

Release date as above, see cover art and for more info
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4635

but the real question is when is region 2?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm

Good news thats its confirmed as being released, bad news its three months away.

Question is how many people will hold off for region 2 - i really cant see the music rights issue being resolved for this US set (i live in the UK). Im guessing a May / June release for the UK set but that said if it mirrors the delay between the release of season 2 US vs. UK then we're probably looking at October........

ouch.

I do have DVD backups of seasons 4 and 5 and season 4 was quite strong tho is probably my least favourite of them all (by least favourite I do mean just that - not that i think its bad in any way, its Quantum for crying out loud). I will however be buying this as I have for the other official releases with the sincere hope that we will eventually get comprehensive extras, bloopers, commentary and a damn good documentary on season 5.

Wishful thinking i know but fingers crossed.

Season 4 favourites - Roberto, Its a wonderful Leap and A leap for Lisa
Season 5 favourites - Mirror Image, A Tale of Two Sweeties and Goodbye norma jean

TDx

This just made my day... ditto what Greg said!

Even though it's pretty small, it looks pretty good, except... I would have put a yellow leap effect for Season 4 and saved the red background for Season 5 (it should be kind of obvious why Season 5 should be red, but does Universal think about that kind of stuff? Noooooooo...) :rolleyes

Damon

If R2 is keeping the music I am gonna switch to the R2 sets unless Universal has a change of heart and doesnt make changes (yeah right)

It's not really "red"...it's more of a dusty red-brown. But yes, they probably should have saved the red for the 5th season. Interesting that Al isn't on ther cover, too. I think the only cover he hasn't been on was season 1.

By now, I've come to expect that the picture of Sam will be changed at the last minute to show a Photo Shopped head from another picture. The music will also surely be removed, and I'm predicting that "I Want To Know What Love Is" will not only be removed, but will also be Season 4's equivalent to the removal of "Georgia On My Mind." (But I hope I'm wrong!) It's going to be torture, but I'm so sure that it's going to have music removed that I may just hold out for the Region 2. Season 3 was the nail in the coffin...oh, well, you know the saying, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..." well, you get the idea.

I know that this is a fairy tale, but Maybe, just maybe, the release date was pushed back so they could secure the music rights to Season 4 and maybe get Scott Dean, and Don. Maybe even Debra to do the DVD.

I know, I know. And there is a Santa Clause and an Easter Bunny too.

It's really sad because they could do so much with the DVD's. Have the voice of Ziggy narrorate. They could also have the Control Room be the background for the main Menu, or even the Accelorator as the background. The Scene Selection could have the Imaging Chamber as the background. Special features could have the Waiting Room as the background. Maybe have the leap effect everytime an episode starts.

All those Ideas come from just 5 minutes of thinking about it. Imagine what they could come up with after months of thinking about it.

I'm another one who will wait to see what the R1 release is like before buying it or switching to R2..... Oh what Universal has driven us to. We'll have to rely on the uninformed consumer to buy it. <g>

As I mentioned elsewhere, it's pretty clear that Universal just doesn't care. They have larger franchises to worry about (like Star Trek, for instance). Although I wonder if it's a personal thing against Don? I read somewhere in a post that he doesn't work with Universal anymore...

The Last Dinosaur said:
As I mentioned elsewhere, it's pretty clear that Universal just doesn't care. They have larger franchises to worry about (like Star Trek, for instance). Although I wonder if it's a personal thing against Don? I read somewhere in a post that he doesn't work with Universal anymore...
Star Trek is owned by Paramount, not Universal.

This is very good news indeed. Now we have proof that Universal does indeed intend to release all of the seasons on DVD.

As a European though (and quite a few Americans, i gather), i'm more interested in the R2 release for Season 4. Judging by previous releases i can only hope for a release in 2006 (hey, i try to be as realistic as possible).

Hopefully the R1 version of Season 5 (which contains quite a few of my favourite episodes of the show) will also be released next year, so that we Europeans can expect it around the Summer of 2007 (1 1/2 years away, yikes!).

Just a thought

Grimlock said:
This is very good news indeed. Now we have proof that Universal does indeed intend to release all of the seasons on DVD.

As a European though (and quite a few Americans, i gather), i'm more interested in the R2 release for Season 4. Judging by previous releases i can only hope for a release in 2006 (hey, i try to be as realistic as possible).

Hopefully the R1 version of Season 5 (which contains quite a few of my favourite episodes of the show) will also be released next year, so that we Europeans can expect it around the Summer of 2007 (1 1/2 years away, yikes!).

This is just a thought, but I don't think you base when the region 2 DVDs are coming out based on the region 1. I mean, the region 2 versions of seasons 2 and 3 experienced a long delay, but are now coming out in back to back months. I have never heard of any show coming out like that in region 1.

When I first read the release date for season 3, I just didn't believe it. There is no way a show would come out in back to back months, but here it is.

Since I have gotten my region free DVD players, I have looked around at www.amazon.co.uk and have seen that Joey: Season 1 is out already as well as a couple seasons of Caroline in the City. These have not been released in region 1 yet.

My friend is really into Dr. Who and he bought his region 2 version of the new show last week (the region 1 version doesn't come out until Feb).

Perhaps Quantum Leap: Season 4 and 5 will also come out in back to back months in region 2.

mgcrans said:
Since I have gotten my region free DVD players, I have looked around at www.amazon.co.uk and have seen that Joey: Season 1 is out already as well as a couple seasons of Caroline in the City. These have not been released in region 1 yet.

My friend is really into Dr. Who and he bought his region 2 version of the new show last week (the region 1 version doesn't come out until Feb).

Perhaps Quantum Leap: Season 4 and 5 will also come out in back to back months in region 2.

There are probably different rules (for R1 and R2 release dates) for different shows, but QL is one of those shows (like Law & Order for example) which is released in R1 first and later (weeks, months perhaps even years) in R2.

Therefore, those examples you listed are nice, but have nothing to do with the release schedule of QL. And the Doctor Who example is entirely wrong, as the R2 releases for that show are always WAY in advance of the R1 releases. Reason for that? It's a British show and mainly a British market(R2). And to say that QL is a British show (when it deals with mainly American things) would be a bit odd.

However, you might be right about the back-to-back release of Season 4 and Season 5 for R2, but in my opinion it all depends whether Season 5 will be announced for R1 around the time of the release of Season 4 (R1). Funnily enough i believe that if Season 5 gets a special release (with extra's like a commentary and documentary) it would probably mean that we might not even see the release of Season 5 (R1) before the end of next year.

As i will be buying Season 3 on DVD next week, i'm not going to get greedy and therefore i would be pleased enough with a Season 4 (R2) release somewhere next year (and a release date for the R1 version of Season 5).