Spiders on QL forum

• Thread starter Pale Horse - Pale Rider
  • Start date
P

Pale Horse - Pale Rider

Probably the administrators of the site already know this, but I've seen several spiders over here at the forum. They appear as if they were viewing a thread or a single message. Aren't they dangerous? Isn't there some kind of risk, like getting a virus or something?

No they aren't dangerous. The Spiders (as I was told) are search engines basically that come in and go through the site and make it to where if you have someone put in a post about anything QL that it will make sure that Al's Place comes up first on the search engines.

They are harmless... and should be considered pals. :D

Thanks for the post though! We do appreciate you pointing any kind of potential risk out to us.

yeah as a matter of fact i was doing a google search for Scott bakula pictures because i was bored not too long ago, and i was very surpised to see my Sam Beckett Fan sig pic come up. :)

SamBeckettfann said:
yeah as a matter of fact i was doing a google search for Scott bakula pictures because i was bored not too long ago, and i was very surpised to see my Sam Beckett Fan sig pic come up. :)

when I was looking for new pic of Scott I did a search and Al's place came up a few times. It was cool to see it but some of the links didn't work.

yeah it has come up in my searches as well, in fact the first few times i was intorduced to the site, thats how i found it many times becasue my best friend told me to google it rather than being nice and just giving me the link, hehe.

QLDamsel said:
No they aren't dangerous. The Spiders (as I was told) are search engines basically that come in and go through the site and make it to where if you have someone put in a post about anything QL that it will make sure that Al's Place comes up first on the search engines.

They are harmless... and should be considered pals. :D

Thanks for the post though! We do appreciate you pointing any kind of potential risk out to us.

All right. Thank you very much, MJ, for clearing this up.