Top Ten Episodes Season 4

Grimlock

Project QL Intern
Nov 6, 2005
The Netherlands
After watching my QL Season 4 DVD's these are my picks for the Top Ten Episodes of Season 4:

1. Temptation Eyes
2. Permanent Wave
3. A Leap for Lisa
4. Roberto!
5. The Curse of Ptah-Hotep
6. The Wrong Stuff
7. Stand Up
8. Dreams
9. Ghost Ship
10. Raped

Worst episode of the season goes to 'It's a Wonderful Leap'.

So, give me your own top 10 for the fourth season or just comment on my choices (perhaps I can then expand on them a little).

P.S. Tamlyn does look dreamy with that long hair, doesn't she:dreaming

Having re-watched the entirety of Season 4 (and not just the "keepers" I had on video from first run back in the day), I realized I liked a lot more S4 episodes than I thought. If I had to pick ten, they'd be (not in order of favorites):

Justice
Raped (if I ignore the time-frame)
The Wrong Stuff
Single Drop of Rain
Unchained
Running for Honor
Song for the Soul
Moments to Live (funnier than I'd remembered)
Curse of Ptah-Hotep
Leap for Lisa

I cannot watch Stand Up at all, and I hate Temptation Eyes.

Well after that rant here's my Top Ten (kinda, sorta, maybe).....

1 - The Leap Back (If this ain't on your Top Ten you haven't lived)
2 - LHO (Both parts - the whole alternate reality thingy is good and I quite like the 'Celebrity leaps'!)
3 - Leap for Lisa
4 - Roberto!
5 - Stand Up
6 - Unchained
7 - Hurricane (For some strange reason I quite like this!)

There aren't really any more worth saying, since i've only watched the ITV3 broadcasts and haven't got the S4 DVD set, i've never seen Ghost Ship, Raped or Running for Honour, so I can't cast judgement.

Season 4 overall is OK, but for me just doesn't have that many 'Stand Out' episodes that resonate with the likes of say, Mirror Image, The Leap Home and The Colour of Truth. But I do love LHO and The Leap Back - Quality Eps for me.

i know my favorite top 96 episodes. i just had to kid around here. sorry guys. i'm trying to cheer myself up from all the **** that's going on in my life right now.

bluedana said:
It's mine as well, and in my all-time top ten. (Am I forgiven for not liking Stand Up?)

I'll let it slide. But just this once - and if anyone want's forgiven for liking Dr.Ruth or Blood Moon, well that's just plain silly.

Enterprise said:
I'll let it slide. But just this once - and if anyone want's forgiven for liking Dr.Ruth or Blood Moon, well that's just plain silly.
IMHO I embrace the fact that we don't all like the same things, the same episodes, the same aspects.
We all have our love of Quantum Leap in common, and that binds us together.
If we all hated the same bits, loved the same bits etc. our discussions would be so much more boring...
Oh yes, me too, I agree! etc and that's about it.
It is because one person can love an ep that another thought was dire that the series is such a sucess over all.

Just my 2 cents worth.

(And for the record, Dr Ruth and Blood Moon aren't in my favorites, but nor is Stand Up. None of them get to the 'hate' category though. That is reserved exclusively for Miss Deep South, and even elements of that I can appreciate, its just the ending that rankles with me.)

leaper1 said:
(And for the record, Dr Ruth and Blood Moon aren't in my favorites, but nor is Stand Up. None of them get to the 'hate' category though. That is reserved exclusively for Miss Deep South, and even elements of that I can appreciate, its just the ending that rankles with me.)

I actually thought that the ending to Miss Deep South was one of the best endings ever on Quantum Leap. Instead of the usual waving hand from Al we got Sam getting quite nostalgic.

yay, finally an easy season to do this with ok:
1.) Temptation Eyes (the most beautiful episode in the series as far as I am concerned)
2.) It's a wonderful Leap (I absolutly LOVE Angela, and Liz Torrez is a great actress, I have seen her elsewhere but looking very much different)
3.) The Wrong Stuff (Sam in nothing but a diaper = SEXY! need I say more besides that I also Love Cory, cuteness :) )

4.) Hurricane
5.) Permanent wave (great episode all around, my best friend and I cracj up at the part with the twin women that come in to the salon and Sam starts wooing them to tick Al off)
6.)The Leap Back (of course, Donna! yay. The end scene scene where she says "I love you sam" to the stars made me cry A LOT, i had a roll of toliet paper sitting next to me the first several times I saw it, a WHOLE roll. plus hte whole thing with Sam using Al lines and then getting so embarassed about it, poor thing.)
7.)Stand Up (I am a Full House Fan, so I like Bob Saget, and I think he did a wonderful acting job as Mac in this Ep.)
8.)A Song for the Soul (Her voice makes me jealous because I can't sing woth *s word* but i love the storyline, and Sam at the beginning when he fudged because he didn't know the words to 'my boyfriend's bacl' remined me of myself when i try to sing to a song I don't know the words to hehe. the only thing was Scott does not pull off the beehive thing.)
9.) Justice (A great message, the only thing I hate about this episode is when Sam has to turn Nathaniel and his friend away when they wanted to register to vote and Nathaniel got mad and Sam told Al he wanted to throw up after that. poor baby, I just want to hug him)
10.) Leap for Lisa (i think it speaks for itself)

The episodes in bold are in actual order, but the rest I couldn't decide so I stopped ordering them.

hey hey:
i loved blood moon 'cause, well since i look a little like alexandra, there's a point & she was cool jane in dharma and greg...dr. ruth...need i say more about robyn lively, aka chip's sister in not quite human? cool ladies. i look up to them. sam's mind merging and well, scott in white and ah god, my brain isn't focusing on the acting right now...blood moon that's what i was talking about. man sam looked so hot...temptation eyes made me fall in love with scott/sam. loved wonderful leap 'cause,well, essentially it made me realize that there are sometimes angels out there for us...such as my friends who have since passed. i love chimps...the wrong stuff. ok, i'll shut the trap now and continue to drool over scott the rest of his life.

hey yeah I forgot to list Blood Moon and Dr. Ruth I love those episodes.

Enterprise said:

and Enterprise, please learn to respect other people's opinions, not everyone in the world is going to share yours, which they have a right not to. sorry if I am misunderstanding what you mean by this comment but I personally see it as rudeness towards those who like Blood Moon and Dr. Ruth.

Last edited:
I took Enterprise's comment as a joke. I mean, the idea that we should "forgive" each other for liking or not liking a certain episode is silly to begin with, it's a way that fans play around. And I like both Blood Moon and Dr. Ruth too. It doesn't make any difference to me if someone else doesn't.

I hope that came across the right way, it's first thing in the morning.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
and Enterprise, please learn to respect other people's opinions, not everyone in the world is going to share yours, which they have a right not to. sorry if I am misunderstanding what you mean by this comment but I personally see it as rudeness towards those who like Blood Moon and Dr. Ruth.

Sorry, but I meant it purely as a Joke as Snish said, I've got nothing against the - ableit few - people and yourself who like those episodes, the whole 'forgive' part was for a laugh! :)

9.) Justice (A great message, the only thing I hate about this episode is when Sam has to turn Nathaniel and his friend away when they wanted to register to vote and Nathaniel got mad and Sam told Al he wanted to throw up after that. poor baby, I just want to hug him)
That's my favorite part of the episode, especially Nathaniel's reply: "And what if I called you a red-necked, white butted, stump dumb cracker? Still stings, doesn't it? Even if I didn't mean it."

That stuck in my mind the very first time I saw the episode, and I've wanted to use that line off and on over the years, to respond to particularly offensive comments. Never have, though. Whoever wrote that line hit the nail right on the head.

Enterprise said:
Sorry, but I meant it purely as a Joke as Snish said, I've got nothing against the - ableit few - people and yourself who like those episodes, the whole 'forgive' part was for a laugh! :)

ok yeah, I was wondering and hoping that you were joking. Sorry for the misunderstading.

so now that I am in on this, am I forgiven for liking Blood Moon and Dr. Ruth?
speaking of which, I only really like Blood Moon for Alexandra, shes pretty and sweet. :)

Sam Beckett Fan said:
ok yeah, I was wondering and hoping that you were joking. Sorry for the misunderstading.

so now that I am in on this, am I forgiven for liking Blood Moon and Dr. Ruth?
speaking of which, I only really like Blood Moon for Alexandra, shes pretty and sweet. :)

Yeah..... But No Bragging!!

nah, I am not one to brag.
although, not to be offensive, but how can anyone not like Dr. Ruth at least for the part where she tries to get Al to say "breasts" and he keeps saying a bunch of his funny slang words, my best friend and I cracked up. :)

it's ok though, everyone has a rigt to their opinions.