Where's Sam's Body

Spottedfeather

Project QL Intern
Jun 6, 2012
Watching the new show has got me thinking. In the original show, when Sam leapt into someone, that person would show up in the waiting room. Now...if the Quantum Leap program has been shut down for 30 years, and Sam apparently is still leaping, the person he leaps into must still be appearing in the waiting room. So, the project's been abandoned for 30 years and the complex is empty...the person is just there by themselves ?

Also, if Sam is still leaping, and Al died a year before the new show in 2021, Sam's been leaping by himself, without Al to guide him with info.

Also, if they can track Ben in the new show, can they not track Sam when HE leaps ? If they can, can't they send him a new advisor ? Al's daughter would be fun.

Just something I've been thinking about.

If the new show manages to get a second season, I would LOVE to see Sam come back, if even for a single episode.

In the new show, when the bartender/poet said he remembered the face of the person that was "driving" him and showed Magic the sketchbook, I was fully expecting it to be Sam. Kind of disappointed that it wasn't.

The show, already, got a season 2. It suppose to premiere on October 23', i believe.

In the last episode of the OG, if you remember, Sam started leaping as himself - in his own body, so...

The show, already, got a season 2. It suppose to premiere on October 23', i believe.

In the last episode of the OG, if you remember, Sam started leaping as himself - in his own body, so...

I've always just assumed that the last leap where he was in himself was just a one-off because GOD wanted to talk to him.

* Sam walked across a room in a person's body that had no legs
* He swam as a chimpanzee
* He punched Clifford Whiteside at the end of The Leap Back after the leapee had been knocked unconscious
* Sam performed numerous other examples of physical strength the leapee could not have done

I'm a member of the "Sam is leaping with his body" camp.

On the new Quantum Leap, they have explicitly said that Ben Song is leaping with his spirit (yet oddly they have deleted all spirituality from the show, while the original Quantum Leap had quite a lot) and thus is limited to the physical capabilities of the people he leaps into.

I mean I always took it as they swap bodies. In the new series Ben inhabits someone's bodies and becomes the dominant soul in that body. In Mirror Image there was no body in the Waiting Room so Sam was back in his own body and that has journeyed with him now.