Fair 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donofrio_QLTD View Post
Oh, my! You know, it's episodes like "Good Morning, Peoria" the ones that made this series what it is today and of course what it was. Everything is so beautifully crafted in a way that keeps you hooked to the installment right from the very first instant. You want more and more. You want to know what's gonna happen next and how everything is going to be resolved.

Just like Deborah Pratt did it with "The Color Of Truth", here Chris Ruppenthal gives us a very powerful and important commentary and, again, inside a very simple story. I don't like to put on labels of any sort, but I think Chris Ruppenthal is my favorite writer from the series. When he's not trying to be Stephen King, Hitchcock or even Edgar Allan Poe, he's a master at creating stories that always deal with very powerful and interesting human topics and situations (even when he wants to be those guys and deals with the supernatural or the pure suspense, haha!!, he's always fun and lovable to watch).

Loved everything about this episode. The only scene that I thought was a bit over-the-top was the one when Chubby Checker appeared. It was fun but nothing that really drove me crazy. All the DJ parts always make me smile and laugh.

My rating: Excellent.
I always find it funny when Sam teaches something to the people that taught him in the past, e.g. teaching Chubby Checker the twist, teaching Michael Jackson the moonwalk, teaching Moe Stein the string theory of time travel, or inventing the Heimlich maneuver :P
Old 10-16-2017, 02:28 AM   #27
MO
Pulse Communications Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
Something to ponder: Would a small child or mentally ill person have heard Al over the airwaves when he was helping Sam with what he was to say on air?
That's an excellent point, one which had never occurred to me. Do neurological holograms broadcast over the air? And would the modulation (AM or FM) make any kind of difference? Would the microphone even pick up Al's voice, or does the small child or mentally ill person (or animal) need to be in Sam's vicinity?

This episode dealt with a serious matter in a fun way. I loved Al's input when Sam was getting into his role as a DJ. I like how Mrs Beaman kept trying to get her husband to lay off the anti- rock and roll sentiment. Seems she was the only level-headed person in the café that night. What was with the teenagers in different colored jackets fighting outside the studio? Was that to prove Beeman's point about rock and roll being a bad influence on kids? And did Sam actually measure the length of the copper gutter to make sure it would resonate at the correct frequency before he connected it to the transmitter, or did he skip that part to save time, simply hoping the reflected power wouldn't fry the unit? (Sorry, I'm a nerd.)

Not one of my favorite episodes, but definitely not a bad one. I give it a Good rating.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #28
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO View Post
That's an excellent point, one which had never occurred to me. Do neurological holograms broadcast over the air? And would the modulation (AM or FM) make any kind of difference? Would the microphone even pick up Al's voice, or does the small child or mentally ill person (or animal) need to be in Sam's vicinity?

This episode dealt with a serious matter in a fun way. I loved Al's input when Sam was getting into his role as a DJ. I like how Mrs Beaman kept trying to get her husband to lay off the anti- rock and roll sentiment. Seems she was the only level-headed person in the café that night. What was with the teenagers in different colored jackets fighting outside the studio? Was that to prove Beeman's point about rock and roll being a bad influence on kids? And did Sam actually measure the length of the copper gutter to make sure it would resonate at the correct frequency before he connected it to the transmitter, or did he skip that part to save time, simply hoping the reflected power wouldn't fry the unit? (Sorry, I'm a nerd.)

Not one of my favorite episodes, but definitely not a bad one. I give it a Good rating.
Ah, we found out in A Portrait for Troian that yes, microphones definitely do pick up Al's voice
Old 10-22-2017, 01:47 AM   #29
MO
Pulse Communications Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueenie View Post
Ah, we found out in A Portrait for Troian that yes, microphones definitely do pick up Al's voice
This is true! I had forgotten that. Just watched that episode today, actually!