Home

The Leap Back 2009 Convention Forum

Contact

Old 03-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Janna Galaxy
Accelerator Technician

Default Dean

It's such as shame Dean's not going to be able to come. It would of been great to see him again. But these things happen and I wish him well.

Janine xxx
Old 03-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
isz
Assistant to Gooshie

I'm more bothered by the fact Donald&Scott would only be there on sunday. I hoped to meet Donald&Scott because there is something i wanted to give them,but unfortuntly i'll be on my way to NYC on Sunday noon.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Avilos
Accelerator Technician

I made sure I would be there for all 3 days just in case something like that happened. Flying in on Thursday and flying out on Monday.

Dean's absence is very disappointing. I hope he is ok. Without any details I wonder if its health related.

My Dad is almost exactly Dean's age, only 2 years younger. While he is in perfect health, there was a small scare recently. He was having dizzy spells, brief couple seconds were he did not know were he was! It turns out he has a birth defect in a heart valve. He had it his whole life and never knew about it. He is a 6th degree Blackbelt in Judo and active, still works part time. I guess it was just the slow stress of time that aggravated it. My Dad's ok - There is a way of monitoring his condition.

I hate to be a downer. We just don't know what is happening with Dean. The chance of this type of reunion of Scott, Dean, and Don ever happening again is unlikely. QL revival talks have stalled out. I had been seeing this Con on the 20th anniversary as a substitute for that.

Is there any chance that we could over speak phone call Dean during the Con? SO he could speak to the crowd.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
MO
Pulse Communications Technician

Hey, that's a good idea! I, too, am disappointed that Dean won't be able to come. But perhaps we could do a "Live via telephone, it's Dean Stockwell!" thing.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Janna Galaxy
Accelerator Technician

Yeah, that is a good idea
Old 03-12-2009, 02:54 AM   #6
aussietrekker
PQL Visitor

Walter Koenig did it for a convention in Adelaide and it sounded just like he was in the room. Did a Q&A live, it was great.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 AM   #7
Avilos
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQC View Post
Dean is probably on his deathbed. I hope him the best. If I would have known he was going to have bailed out on us, I probably would have sold my ticket...
I know I am not in charge BUT

That tone is completely uncalled for. You think he is on his "Deathbed" then you say he has bailed on us! So you expect him to attend the Convention even if he is deathly ill????
Old 03-18-2009, 03:09 AM   #8
Ezilzha
Imaging Chamber Technician

Quote:
Dean is probably on his deathbed.
Where do you get this information?
Do you have a reliable source?
Can you give it to us to see as well?

According to IMDB, he is now working (or finished working) on a new BSG episode (or is it a movie).... so he seems fine to me.
Also, I didn't find *any* news on his health or anything that would explain why he retired from the Con... so where do you come up with these stuff?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:26 AM   #9
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

While we're not sure the actual reason and have not been told due to it being personal related, he's not sick. He's still working, so he's not ill. There is no reason to believe Dean even has a cold, much less dying.

I'll have to ask now that further comments about Dean's health not happen. He's not sick, he just can't make it for some personal reason. He tried - but couldn't make it. It's that simple, yet unfortunate.

PQC, there's still time to try and sell your ticket if you're so inclined. You have a front row seat - someone will buy it.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
feldon30
Forum Technician

Yeah, I downloaded the Podcast. For some reason when playing in Winamp I'm having to use a Pitch/Tempo adjustment otherwise it is very slow and of low pitch.

Anyway, yeah that's just frustrating that Dean has suddenly become scarce in all of this. I really do hope he is OK.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
CoriSCapnSkip
Waiting Room Visitor

So nobody knows the deal with Dean?

It's so weird because I dreamed about Sam and Al last night. Then came here and found this.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #12
feldon30
Forum Technician

Ok, Dean was able to phone in and join in on the festivities. Others will perhaps be able to fill in details better, but he was somewhere there had recently been snow.

Scott, Don, and Dean chatted a bit over the loudspeakers and mic and then that was when I had to catch the Taxi to the airport.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:38 AM   #13
jassian
Project Observer

I don't really understand the question.
Could you please explain what seems to be the problem?
Weren't there one day tickets to be bought ?
I don't know I couldn't make it.

Do you mean that there were people waiting for tickets and others 'blocked' them and then didn't use them?

I'd say if people payed for the whole weekend
and weren't there then they obviously have a reason for it.
(which would be none of our business anyway)
Old 03-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
feldon30
Forum Technician

I bought my plane tickets before I knew the schedule. But I got to see Scott and Don for a while so I'm more than happy. I will just buy later tickets on Sunday next time. Hopefully there's a next time, if Don will either let Deborah do a movie, or do a new series himself.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #15
Snish
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Okay people, I realize some "leapers" have lives/jobs to get to and all, but why in the hell bust your *** to get to such a rare convention as Quantum Leap only to have to bail out during the main course/main event???

A friend a couple of rows back from the front said that her row was pretty much empty until Sunday. You mean people paid several hundred dollars just to attend one day???
Some people bought their plane tickets months ago, long before we knew that Sunday, not Saturday, would end up being the big day. I'm lucky that I couldn't get a good flight time on Sunday so I decided to stay until Monday anyway.

Re the empty rows, yes, I guess they did pay so much for one day! I was in the first gold row and half the seats were empty all weekend, until people suddenly appeared on Sunday afternoon. Either they're LA locals or they're crazy to travel all that way just to see Scott's appearance and ditch the rest. I mean, just my opinion. I was wondering why there were so many empty seats, because I thought people had paid for those tickets and then didn't bother to show up at all. But I was glad that we were able to present a full house when the Big Guys showed up on Sunday.