A Little Request

Artemis Panthar

Project QL Intern
Mar 23, 2006
artemispanthar.deviantart.com
Howdy :) I'm Artie. I'm unsure if these sorts of things are allowed, but the rules don't state anything against it so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I love this show, I own the DVDs and everything. However, I unfortunately accidentally locked my computer's DVD-player region on 2 (my DVDs are in 1). Normally it wouldn't matter but it turns out that I kinda need (well, want) to rip the Alphabet Rap off of Shock Theater because the soundtrack version is a bit different. I want it for a little comic I'm writing, which I usually write away from home/a DVD player, and would like a vocal reference to the song.

So, I guess what I'm asking is: Does anyone have an MP3 or video clip of the Alphabet Rap from Shock Theater (Not the soundtrack)? I can rip the song myself if I have a video clip but unfortunately I don't know where I can find one on my own.

Anyway, thanks and such for hearing me out :) I'm sorry for bothering you.

I'm still fairly new here, so I'm no help with your query, but may I be the first to say "Welcome to the board!" to our 300th member!

You might want to get a program like DVD Region Free that temporarily makes the drive region 0 for all aps, although you will have to pay for this software after the free trial runs out. Another alternative is to find a hacked firmware for your drive, boot into a bootable DOS floppy and replace the software in the dvd drive itself to make it region 0.

However this does carry some risks as if the upgrade doesn't work properly for whatever reason you can damage the drive itself to the point that it won't play ANYTHING. That's worst case scenario though and probably won't happen.

Check out www.doom9.com

I actually tried using DVD region unlock programs however, none seem to work. I'm unsure whether the program itself is a dud or the fact that my system is already locked that keeps it from working.

I'm a bit weary about messing around with my computer in a way that may damage it, because at the moment I cannot afford to fix it or get a new computer. However, I'll keep that in mind should my options run out.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Dude if you're going to think like that turning on your computer under the wrong circumstances could damage it, i just said that as a precaution. At very worst case scenario you'd have to replace the DVD-Rom drive but that's all, nothing as extreme as having to buy a whole new computer.