Has anyone used Expedia.com?

I did for a progect in Freshmen Foundations as a freshmen in high school. The project was to pretend to travel somewhere with historicalness. We had to tell where we went and were required to visit historical stuff. And Part of the project was to actually find a real plane ticket(although not actualy buy it of course) and print out the page. So yeah I used expedia for that. But that was like six years ago at most so I don't remember what it was like. It was pretty easy to use though I remember that. Cuz I remember having no trouble and had my ticket in a jiffy.

Last edited:
I tend to use Orbitz.com. No problems, and they have real customer service people you can talk to if you need help. I've also used Priceline (not the name your own price section but the price search section) for flights. I had no problem there, either.

One tip, though, for airline tickets. They might give you e-tickets only, and you'll have to have the actual credit card you used to book the tickets in order to get your boarding passes at the airline, so make sure you print out everything and keep track of what you used.

Priceline? why does the sound familiar? Maybe that was what I used for my project although I am pretty certian it was expedia. Any of them seem like they are pretty easy to use though you just have to pay attention to how they work when it comes to GETTING the tickets.

Only thing to be concerned about is if you have to cancel.

About two years ago, we went to visit my brother. We had booked two nights in a city we planned on visiting on the way back. We decided to stay and extra day a my brother's instead. Basically, had to pay for that night anyways (e.g. the "cancel before 6 pm the day of arrival" wasn't in play.)

On the other hand...sometimes if you're booking an airline/hotel and/or car deal, you can get discounts that are worth it (unless you have to cancel the trip last minute.)

So...just know what you're getting into. I've used onlines quite a bit (expedia, travelocity, orbitz, car rental companies, other) for some of my travel. Others I go through the source (e.g. Best Western, Mariott, Choice Hotel and even airlines or car rental.)

I'll try to remember to do that if I book with Expedia. Still haven't decided if I'm actually going on the trip! In case anyone's wondering, the reason I asked about this in the first place is that Dean Stockwell's having another art show in Taos, NM this fall. I started to consider going when I saw how low the airfares were on Expedia. For some reason, they're much lower than the fares on Orbitz. But I've always used a travel agent, never ventured into the world of online ticketing before. So... we'll see what happens.

I just used Expedia.com to book a flight to L.A. The customer service representative was good and no problems. I'll see how it all works out once I take the trip.

I generally use the online sites to check airfares then I go to the airline site to see if the fare is any cheaper. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. It's just easier IMO to cancel or alter a reservation directly through the airlines than through Expedia/Travelocity/etc.

And of course, you can only find Southwest fares on their website.