Quantum Leap Season Two finale!

So far I've seen part one as I had to start working - will watch part 2 tonight and should be up for spoiler discussion and theories sometime tomorrow.

So far I'm excited - this is pretty good.

I *thought* that was going to be where the DARPA code was going to be from :)

Wow.

That was a fantastic twist that hit all the right notes, the arc as a whole was far better than Leaper X and the tie-ins to the OG, down to the theme and the shot of Addison in the accelerator that was identical to Sam's accelerator shot were brilliant!

I want Janis to be a permanent cast member. (And recur Beth frequently.)
I could not agree more!
I hope it's renewed for season 3, I can't live with that cliffhanger!

Reactions: McDuck
It had its bright spots - the homage to the original with Janis and the theme tune was one - as for the rest I found it to be another missed opportunity!

It was yet ANOTHER rehashed attempt at another 'failed code' promising to bring Ben home like in season 1 and instead it was a cop-out to find out home is just a person.....I mean really lol they took the easy option with that and now we have sino-leapers, something original QL did in S5 with Sam and Alia.

If by some miracle it does get a season 3 episodes will become even more convoluted by focusing on Ben's leap Addisons mission (with or without Ben) and also the politics back at HQ, as the old show knew and did it very well Less is More!

I'm sorry to say but there's a reason it was struggling to retain viewers ( other reasons too) there was just too much going on and took the spotlight off the main purpose of the episodes.

Finale was better than some of the episodes in the season for sure but was still weighed down by most of its failings , all too predictable cartoonish villian, re-coupling Ben and addison again even though to most fans that was a very real critique of S1, another ambiguous ending with now 2 lovers leaping in time (or not).

There will need to be huge improvements again in the writing of the show if it gets another season, stop with all the code this and let's hack that, QL was never a software computer program project ....it was a Physics project with 'real life' working theory based on Sams intellect and idea.

I'm afraid this is just another Rom sci-fi drama show.

now we have sino-leapers, something original QL did in S5 with Sam and Alia.
Not necessarily, that end moment could have been an interlude between the swap and Ben will still end up getting back leaving Addison as the sole leaper.

Using an entire season to build up Hannah and that code only for it not to work would certainly not be the best writing tactic so I would like to hope that this will be the case.

Not necessarily, that end moment could have been an interlude between the swap and Ben will still end up getting back leaving Addison as the sole leaper.

Using an entire season to build up Hannah and that code only for it not to work would certainly not be the best writing tactic so I would like to hope that this will be the case.
Well we saw Ben and Addison touch and hug it out then begin running, it was built up as Ben leaping 'home' very much like the season 1 finale and it strongly looks like he is 'stuck' again but home to his love.

It'd be very surprised if he makes it back to HQ .

Well we saw Ben and Addison touch and hug it out then begin running, it was built up as Ben leaping 'home' very much like the season 1 finale and it strongly looks like he is 'stuck' again but home to his love.

It'd be very surprised if he makes it back to HQ .
I don't see Ben coming home permanently until a series finale, if then. That finale would have to be considered a series finale by the staff who knew it was going to be over. This ending wasn't a real happy one as we have both Ben and Addison lost in time, even if they can touch (and more, which I am sure will be brought up in a season three) in other people's bodies.

Reactions: alsplacebartender
I don't see Ben coming home permanently until a series finale, if then. That finale would have to be considered a series finale by the staff who knew it was going to be over. This ending wasn't a real happy one as we have both Ben and Addison lost in time, even if they can touch (and more, which I am sure will be brought up in a season three) in other people's bodies.
Yeah it was just another anti-climactic ending to a very well built up finale!