Should the New QL Crew Visit Original Quantum Leap site (in New Mexico)?

Should the new Quantum Leap crew go back to New Mexico?

• Yes, it would tie the shows together.

• Yes, it would provide more storytelling opportunities.

• Yes, it would give me the nostalgia feels I've been wanting.

• No, this would just be unnecessary Fan Service. Let the new show do its own thing.

• No, it wouldn't add anything to the story.

• Other, I'll explain below.

Results are only viewable after voting.

feldon30

Forum Technician
Jul 13, 2005
SC
The new Quantum Leap crew are operating out of Los Angeles and seem to have created Quantum Leap completely with little reference to the original technology except for an errant Handlink. If they went to New Mexico, they could possibly get Ziggy working correctly without relying on a questionable chip. And we'd get Ziggy's voice back. What do you think?

The new Quantum Leap crew are operating out of Los Angeles and seem to have created Quantum Leap completely new without any access to the original technology except for an errant Handlink or two. If they went to New Mexico, they could possibly get Ziggy working correctly without relying on a questionable chip. And we'd get Ziggy's voice back.
Unless the old project was destroyed or dismantled. I'd like to see it!

Reactions: tina_als_girl
Yes!!! And bring Janis back and give us some more of her thoughts about her Dad as part of it! Some thoughts Magic has of the Waiting Room. Beth seems to have trauma over what losing Sam after Cokesburg did to Al. There’s a breadcrumb trail there to follow if it’s done correctly.

The new Quantum Leap crew are operating out of Los Angeles and seem to have created Quantum Leap completely with little reference to the original technology except for an errant Handlink. If they went to New Mexico, they could possibly get Ziggy working correctly without relying on a questionable chip. And we'd get Ziggy's voice back. What do you think?
100% needs to return to its original base of operation not because of fan service but a genuine reason in the storytelling of the show. It could be that there is a missing clue as to retrieving both Ben and Sam home, it could be that the whole project has to go rogue or undercover and the only safe way to continue the project is through New Mexico QL.

We need to visit the original site or at least talk about the transition and its fate in some way. It is always *possible* that in the new time line the original project was supposed to be in LA but it doesn't make that much sense that just because Al is still with Beth the original project was no longer in New Mexico.

It also doesn't have to be the current series main cast visiting the Stallion's Gate site but whether its someone stumbling on the mothballed remains, Rachel's mysterious boss or some other party trying to gain access, our current team taking a field trip, or just checking up on someone who is hanging out at the old project for some other reason - um yes we need to talk about them not being at the original project site and go visit it. It doesn't have to be the exact sets - it could be offices with door placards of known names, a directory, photos left on a breakroom wall and there should be some hint that this once *was* the right place. I don't know if the original set is something they can access but it doesn't have to be the same place - just feel like it could have been

Assuming it's still there, I am all for it.

It would provide a great deal of cohesion.
1. The advancement/transition of the tech and how the leaper's lifetime restriction was lifted.
2. With at least Janis along if not Beth and Donna as well, we could get insight into the original project's fall and the emotional impact of Sam's disappearance on the original team and their loved ones other than the vague mentions of Al spiraling into an obsession that consumed him until his final breath.

With strong writing, it wouldn't require an entire actual scene of someone exploring the ruins of the site, it could be presented in the form of a character, perhaps Janis or Beth describing it, the site itself, their personal experience with the project and name-dropping characters such as Donna, Tina and Gooshi.

Perhaps Janis had to visit the site to gather the tech and/or blueprints that enabled her to recreate the original imaging chamber which she used to briefly contact Ben and she could describe that.

Just as we got a little bit of insight into Magic's experience as a leapee of Sam's, I would adore a conversation in which Beth discusses her thoughts and feelings about Sam having saved her marriage to Al, how that impacted the first "official" time she met Sam with Al and whether or not she is aware of the timeline we watched as viewers in which she had Al declared dead and married someone else.

Thus far the references to the original series have been well tied in and intriguing and there are several possibilities for more.