The Wonder Years - Music Replacements

Yeah, it is a shame. I thought the entire reason this series was taking so long to premiere on DVD was because all the music rights were going to be secured. (At least for the first season, anyway.) I would've never thought Fox, of all studios, would try as hard as they seem to be to secure the rights.

It would be nice if some of the actors and crew of these shows (and maybe the fans too) could donate some cash into a fund or convention, in which the proceeds would be donated to these studios to help pay for the original music. Perhaps a few mega-conventions for all of these television series (which could attract thousands of fans in one shot), could be designed to equally distribute cash toward each series? These cold, greedy record companies would get their money again, but film is forever and it would probably be worth it to any real fan of these shows. I know that if I was an actor in these shows it would bother me that my work was being edited like that.

The only thing that's going to solve this problem is the same thing that caused it in the first place──money. The letters, E-mails and telephone calls apparently seem to be ineffective. It's time for everyone to put their heads together and come up with a solution to this God-forsaken problem already!

Last edited:
Blame it on piracy and greed. I'm sure with the rise over the last few years the copyright holders are not making as much money so the price is going higher. That and some are probly just greedy A-holes.