TV Line: Could Ben (and Sam) Return Home?

I personally hope that the season (and if ratings aren’t high enough) ends with Ben leaping into Sam’s current leap, where Ben brings them both home. And if Ben can bring his recent Co-Leaper with him as well, that would be super. I hope Scott Bacula would be game for that monster episode.

Could Sam or Ben come home? Sure, anything is possible storywise. I don't think Sam's coming home in this series though. I'm basing this off Deborah Pratt's wanting to turn QL into a franchise. She's mentioned wanting to use Sammy Jo in a movie and that, to me, seems like more of a fitting return for Sam. As for Ben, if the producers know firmly when the series is ending, they could very well bring Ben home in that finale with some word of Sam. I'd much rather see Scott on screen as Sam saying he's going to continue leaping as opposed to the notice we got at the end of Mirror Image. As for Mirror Image, there was stuff from Al the Bartender about Sam not being ready to know more. That hopefully is leaving writers salivating at the possibilities.

Could Sam or Ben come home? Sure, anything is possible storywise. I don't think Sam's coming home in this series though. I'm basing this off Deborah Pratt's wanting to turn QL into a franchise. She's mentioned wanting to use Sammy Jo in a movie and that, to me, seems like more of a fitting return for Sam. As for Ben, if the producers know firmly when the series is ending, they could very well bring Ben home in that finale with some word of Sam. I'd much rather see Scott on screen as Sam saying he's going to continue leaping as opposed to the notice we got at the end of Mirror Image. As for Mirror Image, there was stuff from Al the Bartender about Sam not being ready to know more. That hopefully is leaving writers salivating at the possibilities.
Welcome to our forums!

There are so many possibilities in this new QL-VERSE however alot of it depends on the man himself Scott and if he can be tempted.

He always said himself through interviews and at comic-cons that he thought Sam had a poignant send-off, leaping through time righting wrongs however he was also respectful of the fans of the show who most felt wanted Sam to return home.

I hope they find a way to rightfully write him into the series.

There are so many possibilities in this new QL-VERSE however alot of it depends on the man himself Scott and if he can be tempted.

He always said himself through interviews and at comic-cons that he thought Sam had a poignant send-off, leaping through time righting wrongs however he was also respectful of the fans of the show who most felt wanted Sam to return home.

I hope they find a way to rightfully write him into the series.

Scott is the big unknown here. We don't know the details of his communications with the new show about details of what he was offered, so the optimist in me is still going "there is a chance". As to the poignancy of Sam's fate, yes. Sam continuing to leap and make right what once went wrong is a heroic fate. Going from "I want to go home" to a text message with his name spelled incorrectly is far from a classy way to do it though.

If Sam were to return home before the end of this series, the concern goes from Ben and the current project to "what's Sam doing?". I can see where the producers of the show would want to avoid that. I'd still like to see Scott in a cameo downright stating that his choice is to continue leaping. While many fans want Sam to return, I can accept his continuing, but show don't tell. Scott's been professional and polite about the whole situation and it's clear he does care about the franchise and his character.

As for Ben, Sam wants to help people and his work was for that general purpose. Ben leapt to save Addison. That gives Ben and Sam two very different mindsets. Two nice guy geniuses, but with two different goals. When the show ends and if the producers and the network have the same date in mind, I think Ben's coming home.

Going from "I want to go home" to a text message with his name spelled incorrectly is far from a classy way to do it though.
This right there! this is why I do not understand when fans say Oh Sam is the nice guy type who wants to help others eternally ....... but he was literally crying to Al the bartender outside when asked " What do you want Sam?" and he says " I want to go home!"

Whether the producers right the wrong of that unclassy message we shall wait and see, they must know that until they show Sam and bring him home this series cannot stand on its own two feet. Merely mentioning Sam and Al in passing comments every 3 or more episodes is an insult and just bait.

It definately depends on Scott.