Zap2It Article about Scott on "Chuck" (1/16/2009)

NYCSciFiFan

Project QL Intern
May 21, 2008
I've been checking the blogs and articles coming out of the Television Critics Association (TCA) winter press tour, hoping to get some good news about Kyle XY. Saw this article and wanted to share it.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/01/chuck-gets-a-da.html

'Chuck' gets a dad, the return of Holly and other NBC press tour notes
By Rick Porter January 16, 12:39 AM

A few more notes from NBC's day at the TCA press tour, including yet another guest star for Chuck and a couple of pieces of news on The Office:
Josh Schwartz says he and his fellow Chuck creator Chris Fedak are "huge Quantum Leap fans," and that's how they came to cast Scott Bakula in the role of Chuck's (Zachary Levi) estranged father.

"Quantum Leap -- it's not dissimilar to what we ask of Zach," Schwartz says, "to be able to do comedy, drama, romance and action," sometimes all in the same episode. "It was a show we loved, and at this point it's going to require a lot of the same colors that Scott showed on Quantum Leap and Star Trek. So we're thrilled."

Bakula's guest arc will coincide with that of Chevy Chase, whose three-episode stint NBC announced earlier on Thursday. Schwartz says the elder Bartowski and Chase's software genius Ted Roark will be rivals, with Chuck caught in the middle, and that we'll see a somewhat different side of Chase in the role.

"[Ted Roark] is definitely in that Steve Jobs, John Lasseter, Bill Gates mold, a real visionary in the software game. But he's going to be a very different character than the kind you've seen him play," Schwartz says. "He gets to have a little more edge, more darkness."

Chevy Chase AND Scott Bakula on the same show? I'm setting the DVR now and I don't even watch that show! lol

I've never seen that show either, I've only heard of it. Interesting news, nonetheless. I wonder if he's going to act like Sam (not his situation, of course, but his overall character).

I've never seen that show either, I've only heard of it. Interesting news, nonetheless. I wonder if he's going to act like Sam (not his situation, of course, but his overall character).
Nah, it doesn't say anything about being a swiss-cheese brained time traveler. Seriously, his characters on Murphy Brown and Star Trek were very different - he's got some range. (Not that he needs it - he can always use his good looks as a fallback plan, lol. I didn't like the character on Murphy Brown, but still liked Scott in the role.)