A movie

Karine

Project QL Intern
Sep 25, 2005
Estonia
www.livejournal.com
Tonight I saw a movie called "Life As A House" and Scott was in there too, though he had a small role, he played a cop who helped with the plumbing (if I remember correctly).

The movie itself is about a man who has a cancer. His dream is to build a house near the sea. And he clears up his relationship with his ex wife and son.

I watched the movie only because I knoew that Scott was in it and I wanted to know, what he did there. :b

Karine said:
Tonight I saw a movie called "Life As A House" and Scott was in there too, though he had a small role, he played a cop who helped with the plumbing (if I remember correctly).

The movie itself is about a man who has a cancer. His dream is to build a house near the sea. And he clears up his relationship with his ex wife and son.

I watched the movie only because I knoew that Scott was in it and I wanted to know, what he did there. :b

Did you like it?

The first movie I ever saw Scott "in" was Cats Don't Dance when I was 8 or so. I knew who he was already (and that he was Sam from QL and such), but this was the first time I heard him sing. Nowadays, I've seen a lot more and my favorites were Lord of Illusions, Necessary Roughness, and Nowhere to Hide. My least fave was In the Name of the State...because he LOOKED downright scary, and the fact that he was on death row for killing a 16 year old girl.

Samantha Beckett

i have heard of it, but it sounds dumb to me.

here are the list of great Scott bakula movies i have seen in my marathon with my best friend

Lord of Illusions
Necessaty Roughness
Role of a Lifetime
Major Leagues three
Papa's Angels
Netforce
What Girls Learn(i saw this one just recently, on new years eve, it made me cry a lot!)
Passion to Kill

i dont think i am forgetting any?
they were all pretty cool.

Scott Movies

One of my favorites is "Mercy Mission" otherwise called "The Rescue of Flight 771".
It is based on a true story, and Scott plays a pilot of a light aircraft lost off course and running out of fuel, rescued by a comercial flight.

Gripping stuff.

Mercy Mission 1993 TV movie

It co-stars Robert Loggia as Gordon Vette, the commercial pilot who goes out on a limb to save Scott's character - Jay, who is flying a crop duster light plane from the States to Sydney.

I think Robert Loggia was in another of Scott's films, one of the sporty ones if I remember rightly. (edit: Necessary Roughness, he was Coach Wally Rig) He is a very good actor.

There are some great lines in the film, some of them funny, and I swear it makes me weep every time - a real 3 hankie job.

I'm remembering it very fondly as I type, and in fact I think I'm off to amazon to find out if it is available on dvd.

I have an old vhs version from when it was on tv years ago, but that is pretty worn out now.

Last edited:
SamBeckettfann said:
sounds great, and i loved Necessary Roughness. thanks for the info Helen.

You are most welcome.

It seems it is not available on dvd, but there is a PAL video under the title "Flight from Hell", though it is currently 'out of stock' at amazon.

SamBeckettfann said:
what is a PAL video?

Sorry, PAL is Region 2 (British) format.
American video uses NTSC which is - as I understand it - a different number of frames per second, or pixels per square inch of screen, or something technical like that! :hmm I should know all this stuff, but I can never remember it. I think my brain is more Swiss Cheesed than Sam's! :lol

That's one of the movies that I really want to see. I have seen a trailer of it somewhere in the internet and it looks interesting.

leaper1 said:
One of my favorites is "Mercy Mission" otherwise called "The Rescue of Flight 771".
It is based on a true story, and Scott plays a pilot of a light aircraft lost off course and running out of fuel, rescued by a comercial flight.

Gripping stuff.

leaper1 said:
Sorry, PAL is Region 2 (British) format.
American video uses NTSC which is - as I understand it - a different number of frames per second, or pixels per square inch of screen, or something technical like that! :hmm I should know all this stuff, but I can never remember it. I think my brain is more Swiss Cheesed than Sam's! :lol

ok, so what is NTSC, is that type of vhs or dvd? what does it play in?

I love that movie! "Life as a House" was so fantastic! I'd forgotten that Scott was in it until a friend mentioned it to me. I own it because it was so brilliantly acted by all the players. Hayden Christian truly shined in his pre-Vader performance. Kevin Kline... OH! how I love him. So wonderful!

If you haven't seen it I recommend it with a big box of tissues. I'm a sucker for movies that make me cry. My dad own's all the Major Leagues, maybe I'll have to borrow number 3 from him. Believe it or not I think that was my dad's favorite one. ;)

I also remember "Netforce" it was a mini-series wasn't it? Rather good from what I remember. :D

Leaper4Life said:
I love that movie! "Life as a House" was so fantastic! I'd forgotten that Scott was in it until a friend mentioned it to me. I own it because it was so brilliantly acted by all the players. Hayden Christian truly shined in his pre-Vader performance. Kevin Kline... OH! how I love him. So wonderful!

If you haven't seen it I recommend it with a big box of tissues. I'm a sucker for movies that make me cry. My dad own's all the Major Leagues, maybe I'll have to borrow number 3 from him. Believe it or not I think that was my dad's favorite one. ;)

I also remember "Netforce" it was a mini-series wasn't it? Rather good from what I remember. :D

I've wanted to see Life as a House for a while but haven't managed to catch it yet. I adore Kevin Kline.