Get Dean a Golden Toaster!

Snish

Project QL Intern
Sep 10, 2006
Cocono's in the Poconos
The Golden Toaster Awards are fan-based awards for Battlestar Galactica. Dean is nominated for two this year--Best Guest Star and Best Villain (as Brother Cavil). He can't get an Emmy for his appearances on this show, but at least he can get something! So you can help by voting on the awards. Link to the voting page is here:

http://www.hangardeck5.com/fgta/goldenToasters/votingbot/welcomePage.php

It looks like you have to be a member of a fan community to vote. But registration at SciFi to post on their bulletin boards counts, and they also list IMDB and LiveJournal. You can only vote once; they're logging IP addresses.
Thanks everyone!

Votes cast!

I could get round ip address issue by voting from work, but
a) the firewall would probably prevent me and
b) I'd have to use a different membership (I used sci-fi and have imdb id, but as both are based on my email they could cause alarms to sound.

I'd hate to have a proper vote disallowed because I tried to double it.

leaper1 said:
I'd hate to have a proper vote disallowed because I tried to double it.

Yes, so we're motivated to follow the rules. :) Personally, I respect an award more when they only allow one vote per person. When they allow multiple votes, it's just a contest to see who can do the most clicking or who's fanatic enough to keep coming back to the site.

A number of web sites join together to do the Golden Toasters. They had something like 800 votes last year, so I think it has some meaning. Dean already won two for his first appearance on Battlestar. He got Best Guest Star and Funniest Moment last year. I noticed that there wasn't even a category for funniest moment this year. (Season 3 was seriously lacking in humor.) Maybe Dean could have gotten it again for winking at Edward Olmos...

bluedana said:
Question: why can't he get an Emmy nomination?

Simply because his name wasn't submitted for consideration. The producers submit names of actors to be considered for nominations. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Dean's own preference not to be submitted as he seems to be keeping a pretty low profile in Hollywood these days. But I don't know the reason why he wasn't on the list of names that were submitted, which I saw posted on some website or other.

Voting for the Golden Toaster Awards is open until July 11, so you still have a chance to get over there if you haven't already. See the link at the top of this thread. I'm not even sure you have to be affiliated with a fan site--at the bottom of the list of sites it says "other," so maybe that's all you have to click to get in.

The awards ceremony will be held online, on July 21.

And the winner is...

Thought I might as well just add to this thread. The awards were posted yesterday, and Dean won for Best Villain as Brother Cavil. Big surprise, huh? :D If you've seen this show, you won't be a bit surprised.

I just wish they could spell "villain"...

Attachments

• bestvillian.png
    bestvillian.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: