Hi!

EmmaCMF

Project QL Intern
Hey everyone. Thought I'd better post a little intro to me. I'm 27 (28 next month), I live in Northampton, England, and I work as a Nursery Nurse on the children's ward of the local hospital.

I've been in the Quantum Leap fandom for over 15 years. The first episode I ever watched was What Price Gloria, when I was 12 years old, and I was hooked from then on, but I wasn't able to participate in active fandom until 1994, when I a: turned 16 and b: got a weekend job, which meant that I had the money to join fanclubs and go to conventions!:hurray:

I ran a Quantum Leap newsletter for quite some time, which afforded me some fantastic opportunities (like getting to interview Scott Bakula and several QL guest stars) and brought me into contact with a lot of amazing people who became fantastic friends, including Helen Earl, a member of this board and one of the best fanfic writers going.

In my (admittedly biased) view, Quantum Leap has the best fans going, and I'm proud to be a fan of such a wonderful series.

That's me. I'll shut up now before I bore you all to sleep.

EmmaCMF said:
Hey everyone. Thought I'd better post a little intro to me. I'm 27 (28 next month), I live in Northampton, England, and I work as a Nursery Nurse on the children's ward of the local hospital.

I've been in the Quantum Leap fandom for over 15 years. The first episode I ever watched was What Price Gloria, when I was 12 years old, and I was hooked from then on, but I wasn't able to participate in active fandom until 1994, when I a: turned 16 and b: got a weekend job, which meant that I had the money to join fanclubs and go to conventions!:hurray:

I ran a Quantum Leap newsletter for quite some time, which afforded me some fantastic opportunities (like getting to interview Scott Bakula and several QL guest stars) and brought me into contact with a lot of amazing people who became fantastic friends, including Helen Earl, a member of this board and one of the best fanfic writers going.

In my (admittedly biased) view, Quantum Leap has the best fans going, and I'm proud to be a fan of such a wonderful series.

That's me. I'll shut up now before I bore you all to sleep.

Awwwww gosh, Em, you make me blush

A warm welcome to you old friend, I know you have lurked here a while, glad you finally decided to join us officially.

Have a Rodbeer on me.

:cheers

ziggysego said:
Hi Emma

Welcome to Al's Place. I've been in contact with a few times over the years in relation to you trying to set up a UK QL Convention. I'm that Irish leaper! ;)

Hope to see more of you over the coming days, weeks, months and years here :D
hey Ziggysego! You were one of the few people that supported us in our efforts to get a con off of the ground. Thanks!!

Em

And somehow, I missed your introduction. Forgive my lateness in welcoming you to the board! I envy you for actually reaching an age to attend conventions before they stopped holding them, and I applaud your efforts to keep the fandom alive by holding your own, even if your plans fell through. Anyway, welcome!

I never thought you were never unofficial. I always thought you were like you are on the SBFF. Whoops. Hi. Hope you had a good weekend. I did, but going to the beach made me burn like a lobster; my skin coloring is lighter than yours!