New Member...with huge favour to ask

Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself. The name's Emma but everybody just calls me 'Em' or occasionally 'Gizmo'...but the less said about that nickname the better!

I remember being obsessed with Quantum Leap when it was first shown and crying when the show ended and we were told Sam never leapt home. I still tear up whenever I try to tell anybody about that episode, which I hope doesn't make me sound too pathetic. I've loved watching the reruns on ITV3 and have bought all the DVD releases so far: the film quality may be a little outdated but it still ranks among the best TV shows ever in my opinion. I really hope this sequel they've announced gets off the ground; I know I'd watch it for one!

I have a huge favour to ask, and I know that if anybody would be able to help me with this it would be somebody on this message board. At the end of the Fifth Season Premier "Lee Harvey Oswald" Sam leaps into the body of Clint Hill before he jumps on the back of JFK's car in Dallas. The scene before he leaps shows Sam leaning against the wall in the hospital, which then morphs into a photograph being taken before he leaps. Now for years ever since we watched this episode my mother has gone on and on about this picture. She is sure she had a copy, or one similar, in a book she had on Kennedy back in the 60's, and has always been looking for it. I've tried to help her but I don't know where to start looking as I don't know if it was a real pose that they mimicked on the show or if it was just a poignant shot.

Does anybody know if such a photograph exists, or if not is there a screenshot of this scene that I can get a hold of? I managed to get serious Brownie Points when I located a copy of an old song she used to sing me and my sisters when we were little but which everyone thought she was making up, but they're starting to wear off now that my oldest sister has just given her another grandchild while I remain single and dedicated to my books, so I really need something to restore my position as "least disliked child".

I'm sorry to have waffled on at you, but I'm afraid that's the way I am. I've tried to shut it off but I can't seem to stop myself sometimes!

Anywho, this was just little old neurotic me introducing herself, and if anybody can help me out I would be so grateful.

TTFN

Em

Well, Em, let me be the first to welcome you to the group.

It's an interesting question that you have posed. I don't know the answer to it, however, with as many QL fans that we have here, I'm sure that someone will know the answer and if not, I know that someone will know where to go to find the answer that you are looking for.

Wish that I could help you more... but until you have your answer, pull up a chair, have a RodBeer and chat. :)

Welcome again!

MJ

Welcome Em,
There seem to be a fair number of QL fans called Emma, and a lot of them are British, so you are in very good company!

In fact, no matter what the name, or age, or gender - at Al's place, you are always in good company!!

For myself - I'm a :wacko Brit called Helen, and I love it here. I know you will too.

Em, welcome.

With regards to the picture, it's not ringing any bells with me but I may be able to point you the direction to track it down. The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum has an extensive archive collection - among them photos. Perhaps if you contacted them and described the picture you're looking for - Clint Hill at Parkland Hospital - they may be able to point you in the right direction to find a copy of it, or even tell you if it really does exist. The url for the library is: http://www.jfklibrary.org/.

Welcome aboard, Emma. It's funny you should mention Brighton, as I work in a small city just outside Brighton, Alabama! Brighton is smaller than our city, and we are both dwarfed by Birmingham, which is just a few miles west of Leeds!:roflmao:

welcome Gizmo hehe. i like being funny. lol. glad to have you here Em. sorry i have not information about the picture, but that would be cool if your mom did have a copy. :)