Quantum Leap Cancelled After Two Seasons (2022-2024)

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
The Quantum Leap Revival Series has unfortunately been cancelled by NBC. We are sad to hear the news but glad we got two seasons of quality television. Thanks to the producers, amazing cast, and awesome crew of the show. We will miss you.

Grr----this is just painful and annoying. We waited 30 years and the revival was just comming into its own. If we don't get a TV movie or at least an abbreviated final season this is just irksome. And no Sam Beckett. Ahhhhhhh. Can we still get it uncancelled?

Was it really a surprise? really! .....it went with a new direction from the beginning and was always playing catch-up to the O.G show.

Reactions: NewFederalist
Was it really a surprise? really! .....it went with a new direction from the beginning and was always playing catch-up to the O.G show.
Given how strong season 2 was (with the exception of the Puritan episode), yes it kind of was. Season 1 of the OG had its missteps as well. I had hopes for where it was heading for a season 3. I'll remain glad they designed it as a sequel instead of a reboot ignoring the OG.

Reactions: tina_als_girl
I can't say i'm sorry for this. The first season was a huge let down for me. The "more action" and much higher stakes directions they took was a huge disappointment for me.
And when they tried more drama it seems too manufactured. The fact the two main characters(Ben and Addison) had zero chemistry imo didn't help.

Given how strong season 2 was (with the exception of the Puritan episode), yes it kind of was. Season 1 of the OG had its missteps as well. I had hopes for where it was heading for a season 3. I'll remain glad they designed it as a sequel instead of a reboot ignoring the OG.
Season 2 had its highs ( Hannah episodes and finale) but imo had far too many drib plodding episodes. I don't think it ever hit the heights and one of its major criticisms was it had too much going on in every episode and of course whether we like it or not I don't think the wokey activist stuff really connected with the real fans.

I agree, I'm glad also it was designed around the OG sequel premise and yes the original had some missteps in S1 too however QL 2022 had that as a foundation to launch from and even then never really utilised the magic the original had.

Its only hope now is that it's picked up by one of the major streaming platforms i.e Netflix by REAL fans of the show so it can be relaunched and connect the 2 together!

Last edited:
Ashe that should probably be its own thread to increase awareness - and yes I'm going to sign it :)

So I've signed two different petitions now, apparently. One was making the rounds on Twitter. The one Ashe linked above has far more traction and has NBC as the respondent.
Hopefully they can be combined. Neither have the numbers we'd hope to see yet.

Season 2 had its highs ( Hannah episodes and finale) but imo had far too many drib plodding episodes. I don't think it ever hit the heights and one of its major criticisms was it had too much going on in every episode and of course whether we like it or not I don't think the wokey activist stuff really connected with the real fans.

I agree, I'm glad also it was designed around the OG sequel premise and yes the original had some missteps in S1 too however QL 2022 had that as a foundation to launch from and even then never really utilised the magic the original had.

Its only hope now is that it's picked up by one of the major streaming platforms i.e Netflix by REAL fans of the show so it can be relaunched and connect the 2 together!
I hope you are psychic about the streaming services possibly having an interest. I would be satisfied with a made for TV movie like was done with Timeless to wrap things up better than the finale managed to do. BTW, eBay already has Chinese knockoffs of season two in Blu-ray and DVD. I'm going to wait for an official release myself.

I hope you are psychic about the streaming services possibly having an interest. I would be satisfied with a made for TV movie like was done with Timeless to wrap things up better than the finale managed to do. BTW, eBay already has Chinese knockoffs of season two in Blu-ray and DVD. I'm going to wait for an official release myself.
I only mentioned streaming services as an alternative as that's what many fans have been calling for, as for the chances of that happening it's anybodys guess, what do you think?

Reactions: McDuck
I only mentioned streaming services as an alternative as that's what many fans have been calling for, as for the chances of that happening it's anybodys guess, what do you think?
I have no idea. I don't know what the production costs were for NBC. From the look of the sets I wouldn't think they must have been all that high. There is always a chance that SyFy or another streaming service might take a shot.

I have no idea. I don't know what the production costs were for NBC. From the look of the sets I wouldn't think they must have been all that high. There is always a chance that SyFy or another streaming service might take a shot.
Most episodes I watched looked like they were on a set instead of actually standing 'outside' at a real location which makes you think the budget of the show can't have been too high.

Also, since the cancellation announced by NBC I wonder what the thoughts are of Donald P Bellisario and of course Deborah Pratt on its demise.

Most episodes I watched looked like they were on a set instead of actually standing 'outside' at a real location which makes you think the budget of the show can't have been too high.

Also, since the cancellation announced by NBC I wonder what the thoughts are of Donald P Bellisario and of course Deborah Pratt on its demise.
Haven't read much from Don at all over the life of the show. Deborah recently made an Instagram post.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm all in favor of a QL 3.0. Hopefully the next iteration will have better writing and treat the OG series with more respect by not dissing the little things that built the universe of the OG (Waiting Room, body and mind swap, within the leaper's lifetime, Evil Leaper project as well as other minor issues).