Water on Camera Lens in Opening Sequence?

Samantha Beckett

Project QL Intern
Oct 31, 2005
Vestavia, Alabama
Think to the opening sequence where we are flying thru the air and clouds and such. Could I really be so anal about this to notice, am I the only one who sees water droplets on the camera lense? It's on the left third of the screen down toward the bottom. I just want to see if I'm the only one who saw this.

That's just a pet peeve of mine when it comes to film making. It breaks the 4th wall...it reminds ppl that they are watching something fake. Sorry, it just bothers me.

Samantha Beckett

i think i might remember that.
and i know how you feel about knowing its fake, i felt the exact same feeling about the earthquake in "Portriat for Troian"

Samantha_Beckett said:
Think to the opening sequence where we are flying thru the air and clouds and such. Could I really be so anal about this to notice, am I the only one who sees water droplets on the camera lense? It's on the left third of the screen down toward the bottom. I just want to see if I'm the only one who saw this.

That's just a pet peeve of mine when it comes to film making. It breaks the 4th wall...it reminds ppl that they are watching something fake. Sorry, it just bothers me.

Samantha Beckett

I'll look for that next time I watch an episode. Nice catch, eagle eye.

QL Nut said:
I'll look for that next time I watch an episode. Nice catch, eagle eye.

Hehe, that was my dad's nickname for me when i was little. I know for a fact I can see it on Season 2's dvds, idk about the others tho. It's prolly still there. :) I'm not too crazy for noticing and being bothered by that, am i? LOL

Samantha Beckett

SamBeckettfann said:
i think i might remember that.
and i know how you feel about knowing its fake, i felt the exact same feeling about the earthquake in "Portriat for Troian"

LOL I just watched that episode yesterday. The "earthquake" was a great camera shake but I had to hand it to Scott for playing it so well.

That 4th wall/camera lense thing just bothers me so much. Especially in the 3rd Harry Potter movie, when the Womping Willow shakes all the snow off of him (those who have seen it know what im talking about) and the snow "slides" down the camera lense. I am so freaked out by that, it's really sad that i am, lol.

Samantha Beckett